Episode 19 - Aaj Unse Milna Hai Humein💞 - Edited

So....days passed. Kartik and Naira's endless chatting through Instagram continued, but the awkward silence still prevailed in their chats. There was happiness, excitement and celebration all around. Their siblings teased them and family members spoiled n pampered them tirelessly. They longed to hear each other's voices, but the courage to ask the phone numbers  wasn't instilled in them. Swarna was still bitter and unsure about Naira, but for Kartik's happiness she kept her feelings inside.

These five months passed so quickly, no one realised. And finally it was the day when the Mathurs had to leave for Delhi. They had to travel to Dehradun and then board a train to Delhi. Manish insisted on booking flight tickets for them but Viren denied as the Goenkas had already done so much for them without even asking for any help.

Then came the difficult part. The moment when Naira had to bid adieu to the Mathur House. I know it is too soon for "bidaai" to happen but soon after the engagement, the Goenkas and Mathurs had to leave for the trip and then directly go to Jodhpur for the wedding to happen. There was no chance of coming back to Mussoorie.

Naira was already emotional. Her eyes brimmed with tears as she touched those walls, those walls on which she and Trisha had drawn paintings in childhood. Her bedroom- where she had spent uncountable moments , shared uncountable secrets and stories with Trisha and cuddled with her to sleep. The kitchen - where everyday in the morning, she and Shorvari held important sessions about the menu for the whole day, where Shorvari taught her the ethics of life and numerous recipes. The living room, the sofa on which frequent fights for the TV remote happened. The dining table, where the whole family connected and cracked jokes. The bathroom in which she sang under the shower, lately lost in the dreams of her future husband. The balcony that was home to "garam chai" breaks. Her paintings still hung on the wall, the house though small was enough for knitting beautiful memories, but now its walls would be dreary after losing one daughter.

Screenplay begins -

Naira steps out of the house with a heavy heart. Her eyes are shining with tears as she turns back to look at the house for the last time.

She couldn't stop herself from breaking down so she finally ends up crying. She had tried to keep all the emotions inside but all went in vain. Shorvari was getting emotional too. She knew this feeling. She places her hand on Naira's shoulder and rubs her back to calm her down.

Shorvari: Naira....beta aise royegi tu? Naah beta, chal aansu poch. Yeh ghar kahan jaa raha hai? Shaadi ke baad toh tu aate rahegi na...

Trisha: Haan didu...aur woh bhi jiju ke saath! Main toh jiju ko bol dugi ki jitna bhi kaam ho, office se chutti lekar meri didu ke saath mahine mein ek baar Mussoorie aa jaye...its mandatory. Otherwise Jija-Saali relationship over....🧐😠

Shorvari laughs at Trisha's demand. But Naira continues sobbing. Shorvari sighs and cups Naira's face.

Shorvari: Dekh beta...is ghar mein toh humesha tera swagat rahega, lekin tu jaa bhi rahi hai toh apne ghar hi na...tere pati ke ghar, tera sasural....isme rone wali konsi baat hai??

Trisha: Haan didu...apna rona band karo yaar, dekho aapko rote huye dekh mujhe bhi rona aa raha hai aur main nahi chahti ki mera makeup kharab ho!

Naira smiles in between her tears and hugs Trisha tightly. Trisha hugs her back. Naira releases the hug and looks at the coloured hand prints on the outer wall.

She again gets nostalgic seeing it. There were so many memories in this house...she had spent her entire childhood here. Those handprints were hers and Trisha's on Holi. She looks at them with longing eyes.