Episode 95 - The Test - Edited

Hey Guys, here's the next part. Please vote and comment.

Happy Reading

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Delhi

Kaira Bedroom

After returning from the temple, Naira was lying on the bed and resting in the bedroom as she was feeling tired, exhausted and physically weak because she had not touched a single morsel of food or a drop of water since morning due to the fast. The little outing proved out to be hectic for her as because of the traffic and direct sunlight in the afternoon hour, her stomach was feeling sick due to emptiness and head was aching. But all these symptoms were common for her as she had performed fasts before also and she was habituated to all these things, so she was taking it lightly. "Only a little rest is needed", she thought. She was lying on the bed with eyes closed, thinking about random things that even she didn't notice when she fell asleep all of a sudden.

Kartik was downstairs all this while, busy in doing some business related discussions with Manish so he didn't get a chance to see Naira or know about her health. After finishing all the work, he finally got a chance to meet Naira, so he hurried upstairs towards his bedroom. As soon as he entered inside, he stopped in his tracks to see Naira lying on the bed snuggled with her quilt, her back facing him. He got worried seeing her so dull, non active and lethargic. She's so active other days, roaming all around the house and completing all the chores! He hurried towards the bed and discovered her lying on the bed with eyes closed. "Is she sleeping?", he thought to himself.

Kartik(concerned): Naira...??

But Naira didn't reply anything, she just snuggled the blanket more to herself. She was feeling very lazy today.

Kartik: Naira...

Naira was taking a short nap but when she recognised it was Kartik's voice, she instantly opened her drowsy eyes and looked up at him.

Naira: Kartik...??

She raised herself a little and was about to sit on the bed that Kartik stopped her.

Kartik: Nhi ruko....

Naira looked at him blankly and Kartik sat beside her on the bed and touched her forehead to check her temperature.

Kartik(checking her temperature): Fever toh nhi hai....

Naira(assuring): Nhi hai....

Kartik: Toh phir tum aise leti kyu huyi ho? (holding her hand) kharab lag rha hai kya??

Naira: Kuch kharab nhi lag rha hai Kartik....susti lag rhi hai bass...thodi si weakness lag rhi hai...din bhar kuch nhi khaya na, isliye!

Kartik: Toh phir khalo na....koi zarurat nhi hai yeh bematlab ka fast rakhne ki....!!

Naira: Zaruri hai Kartik....mujhe yeh karna hai....aapke liye...!!

Kartik(straight face): Main meri wajah se tumhe itna pareshan hote huye nhi dekh sakta....ek toh mujhe yeh vrat rakhne ka concept samajh nhi aata hai....log kyu bematlab ka fast rakhte hain?? Kuch laabh nhi hai isme....kisi ki umar nhi badhne wali hai ek din bhooka rehne se...jiska jis din iss duniya se chutti pana likha hai, uss din uski ticket kat jaa-( Naira closes his mouth not wanting him to speak any further)

Naira: Kesi kesi baatein kar rhe hain aap Kartik....aur woh bhi tyohaar ke din?! Itne naastik toh mat baniye aaj ke din....

Kartik(removing her hand from his mouth): Main koi naastik nhi ban rha hu....main logically baat kar rha hu yahan....practically socho Naira..!!