Episode 99: Honeymoon Prep

Hi guys, here's the next part. Please vote and comment.

Happy Reading!

<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

The episode starts at night in Shubham's room. It was 11:30 pm at night and Shubham was still wide awake in his bedroom. Everybody else had slept and there was utter silence inside the house.

Shubham was sitting on the floor - his favourite spot whenever he was in distress or low about anything, leaning against the frame of the bed with his guitar in his hand. One time or the other, he used to play the strings and then stop immediately after remembering his and Kartik's argument tonight.

Kartik's words were hovering in his mind, not that he spoke something rude and undigestable to him, he spoke the bitter truth - Shubham was just upset that his brother didn't even try to understand his point of view, not even once. No one wanted to see from his sight and view things. Everyone just gave him lectures, dumped their opinions on him and walked away like nothing ever happened. Everyone just expected him to do what they wanted him to do, claiming their advice as the best and rightful advice but Shubham always took out the negative meaning from the advices. It was all happening because of overthinking. Overthinking really kills you from inside.

He glanced at the photo frames hung on the wall in his bedroom.

He sighed deeply and closed his eyes. Everything had started to affect him a lot, he was starting to feel worthless , like a loser. Even though the family was around him, he used to feel lost and lonely and that loneliness was taking a toll on him. He spent more than half of his day writing and composing songs quietly, but somewhere he felt that he was doing something his family won't approve of, and thus he felt worse. He tilted his head back against the frame of the bed and opened his eyes to look at the ceiling above.

Just then, his phone buzzed. It took him out of his thoughts and he tossed the phone in his hand and entered the pin to unlock it. There in the notifications, he found a recent insta message from Trisha. It was strange and unexpected how even a slightest gesture from her brought a little smile on his face. Texting her was the most favourite part of his day. But right now, at this moment he didn't wanna talk to anyone, he wasn't willing to. He knew he was in a bad mood and if he would reply anyone now, his replies might seem rude. But he didn't wanna ignore Trisha also.

Trisha didn't reply for sometime. Shubham sighed and tossed his phone beside him that his phone started ringing all of a sudden. Trisha's caller ID was flashing on the screen. Shubham rolled his eyes and sighed in disbelief. Trisha must have suspected something's wrong with his boring, non energetic replies. Shubham had no other option except for receiving her call, so he took a deep breath and dragged the receive button, moving the phone near his ear.

Shubham: (sighing) Hello....

Trisha(impatiently and bluntly): Bolo....Bolo kya Hua hai??