Episode 72: Kartik Naira's Little Fight

At Night

Everyone was doing their usual work after dinner, when Manish received a call.

Manish: Hello.!! Haanji.. Ji Ji... Ji bilkul.. kal morning mein ofcourse.. haan koi late nahi hai.. thank you... toh 11 AM usual time okay!

After ending the call, Manish called everyone in the hall.

Swarna: Kya baat hai Manish ji??

Manish: Kal yahan media wale aa rahe hain... Hum finally business world mein humari bahu Naira ko introduce karenge!

Swarna(protesting): Iski kya zarurat hai??

Suhasini: Kyu nahi zarurat hai?! (She narrowed her eyes to Swarna)

Swarna: Mera matlab hai Maaji.. Naira anjaan hai media walo ko handle kerne se... Aur usko toh pata bhi nahi hai ki kese kese sawaal poochte hai! Woh nhi kar payegi ye sab!

Surekha: Haa maaji...bhabhi sahi keh rahi hain. Naira keliye difficult hoga...woh toh waise bhi kitni shy hai, itne attention aur fame ki aadat nhi hai usey....woh log na jane kese kese sawaal poochte hain...agar usne ulta seedha jawaab de diya toh gadbad ho jayegi!

Akhilesh: Koi nahi.. Kartik hai na.. vo sambhal.lega.. afterall.. Sirf Naira hi Nahi.. infact both Kartik and Naira will be introduced as a couple (To Kartik) Hain na Kartik??

Kartik (he was little lost but Akhilesh's word brought him back): J.. Ji Ji chachu...it's the matter of Goenka Empire's reputation...I'll see to it ki kuch gadbad na ho!

Stressing on Goenka Empire more, he  indirectly made Naira aware how much big this responsibility is.

Suhasini and Shubham rolled their eyes listening to the big talks and walked to where Naira was standing. She was hearing all the conversation standing in a corner fiddling with the edge of her pallu and getting nervous about this whole media thing.

Suhasini made Naira sit on the sofa comfortably and sat beside her. Shubham too took a bowl of popcorn and sat beside her offering her some popcorn.

Shubham: Bhabhi popcorn??

Naira looked at him with a nervous face.

Suhasini: Arrey puttar tu in sab cheezon ki tension na le! Ye sab toh sirf hawa hawa ki baatein hain....yeh media, yeh press conference...yeh sab kuch nhi hai...chill maar! (looking at others) In logon ki toh aadat hai baat ko badha chadhakar bolne ki!

Shubham: Haa bhabhi...I know you're gonna rock it! Aur waise bhi bhaiya toh honge hi aapke saath...phir kya tension lena?! Aur agar koi ulte pulte sawaal pooche bhi media walo ne toh bol dena (with attitude) "next question please!"

Naira laughs at Shubham's antics and the three of them share some light time.

<<><><><><><><><><> Kartik & Naira's room <><><><><><<><<><><><>><>>

Naira was bit perplexed, how would she explain to anyone or to herself.  Facing camera and media questions was so new to her, she was standing infront of the wardrobe thinking about what to wear infront of the media.

She dialled Trisha, she wanted to speak to her because she was feeling so anxious but to her dismay she didn't receive her call. She took a deep breath and called Shorvari. Shorvari received her call in 2-3 rings.

Naira: Hello chachiji....

Shorvari(happily): Arrey Naira...beta kesi hai tu??

Naira: Main theek hu chachiji...(emotional) bas aap logon ki bhaut yaad aa rahi hai....kese hain aap sab??