Silence

The room went silent. They are all shocked by this news. Everyone except Sasuke and Tsunade. Tsunade looked at Roxy in worry. She didn't know how she was going to handle seeing Misaki again but... this was how this war was going to work.

"You were married to him? And Sakura you and his child? We can't stop him at this rate. Literally the two strongest people in the world had a child, what makes them think we can win this..." Raikage said in anger.

"I think we should be worrying more about Madara. The guy who can summon meteorites from the sky and can take out thousands in one go..." Sasuke said as he leaned back and crossed his arms. The older adults looked at him in annoyance.

"Agreed. We need to focus on him. We also need to worry about the other members in the Akatsuki... what are their powers, are they stronger now, who are their allies etc. we need to be prepared for all fronts of this mission." Roxy said. She was worried about if Madara could destroy the planet.

"I second that. We need to make sure that Itachi and him do not come In contact... it could spell a bit of a disaster if the two work together." Tsunade said. Sasuke gripped his shoulder a bit.

"Alright. I'll have your missions send out to you before tonight. Be ready for anything and any type of issue." Tsunade dismissed them all. Roxy and Sasuke were about to leave when Tsunade grabbed Roxys arm carefully. "May I speak with you?" She said to her quietly. Roxy nodded.

Sasuke left and waited for Roxy outside. The room was empty and had just the two of them there. Tsunade looked at Roxy worryingly. "Are you okay with this mission...."

Roxy looked at her and just shrugged. "I... I have no idea. I haven't seen him in so long, I never got to say goodbye... he's going to have to fight his daughter... I- I don't know how to feel about it. Not the family reunion I wanted..." Tsunade nodded slightly since she understood.

"Roxy, if you don't want to be on this mission I can take you-"

"I will be on this mission. I have to be." Roxy said with a bit of conviction in her voice. Tsunade looked at her and sighed as she nodded. "Alright..." Roxy started to leave.

"I'll be placing you on the same mission page as your husband. Since you two are Sakuras parents and share a dynamic/ fighting style... I believe you two will work well together." Roxy stopped and sighed. "Understood."

She left.

As Roxy and sasuke left, it started to rain. Sasuke frowned slightly, "when it rains on days like this, it's never a good sign." Roxy nodded.

"I have a feeling we might have a visitor tonight..." she said as she rubbed her neck. Sasuke nodded. "Can I stay at your place for a little bit? Naruto isn't going to want to say at his apartment, I don't want him at my apartment, and we want to get out mission files together."

Roxy chuckled and nodded. "Sure, you can." He smiled faintly and nodded.

The two got back. Roxy went straight to the kitchen to make tea. Sasuke sat in the living room watching the rain fall.

Before Sasuke could say anything, three folders came through the mail slot. Sasuke sighed and went to grab them. He handed Roxy hers and he opened his.

His expression changes to one of sadness.

Mission File:

Sasuke Uchiha; Konoha Police Chief/ Jounin-
Orders: capture or assassinate Itachi Uchiha
Squadron: Kakashi Hatake

Sasuke frowned and sighed. "What else did I expect..." he sighed and sat down. Roxy opened hers and her expression changed faintly.

Roxy Haruno; ANBU Captain, Jounin
Orders: capture Sakura Haruno/ assassinate
Squadron: the edo tensei regime

Roxy sat down and sighed. "Of course..." she placed the folder down and sighed heavily. "Go sleep on that couch over there kid. Get some rest before our mission." Sasuke nodded. He opened the door for naruto and the two slept on the other couch.

Roxy slept on her back and stared at the ceiling.

Itachi was packing his things. He had a bad feeling in his chest and his illness was getting worse. He was packing a bag when he suddenly coughed harshly. Kisame rushed over to his side. "Itachi... you don't have to do tonight's mission..."

Itachi looked at his hand and saw blood. He lenders his fist. "I... I have to see Sasuke one more time. This is going to be my last mission Kisame... I can't keep up anymore." Kisame looked at him and sighed. "Don't talk like that..."

"I'm telling the truth..." Itachi said as he closed his bag. "Sakura will be distraught at losing you... you are her father figure." Itachi thought of her and held his head. "I know... but... I have to do this."

Kisame looked at his friend. The tired Uchiha who had been used and manipulated by the village time after time. He wished he could live his life in peace, but it looks like that won't be able to happen.

Itachi pulled out a small picture of him and Sasuke, and then another of him and Sakura. He smiled faintly. "These two are linked... I know it. Make sure to give these to Sakura if I don't make it."

Kisame nodded and held the pictures. "I got it..." Itachi looked at him. He wanted to say something but stopped. "Maybe I'll see you tomorrow." Itachi just said.

Kisame hugged him slightly and nodded. "See yah." Itachi hugged him and then pulled away and pulled his cloak on.

Everything felt... bittersweet.

Like as if things were coming to an end.

The end of a story.