Timeskip: The New Shinobi World

The akatsuki hideout was bustling and getting ready for something.

Roxy was baking... for some reason. "Deidara! Tobi! I swear... if you two take for of the sweets, I will YOU BOTH MYSELF" she said as she looked at the two men with snacks in their arms. They slowly placed them back.

"Geeeez! So meannn!" Tobi said in his annoying voice. It annoyed Roxy to her core. Itachi walked in with a tray of drinks prepared. "Boys, it might be best to listen so that Roxy won't kill you."

Roxy glared at them. The two rushed out immediately. About three years had past since their last encounter with the rest of team seven. Roxy has cut her hair to her shoulders. She also had created a few new techniques that were quite interesting.

Today was a very special day. One that was extremely important to roxy and to Sakura. It was Sakuras birthday. Everyone was hurrying so that they'd be ready when she returned from her mission, so Roxy was very strict at the moment.

Tobi and Deidara snuck into the kitchen again to try and steal snacks. Roxys snapped and possessed the two of them. They yelped. Roxy turned and looked at the two. "You two must REALLY! Want me to kill you?!" The dear of God was put into the guys.

"Roxy... calm down". A familiar voice said. She turned and smiled and got rid of the possession on the boys. Pain hugged her. He had just gotten back from a week long mission. "Ah I've missed you.@ Roxy said as she looked at him. He smiled softly and made the others leave the kitchen and kissed her.

"Missed you too..." he rubbbed her cheek gently. He smiled. "I finally got Sakuras gift. She will love it." He pulled out a rectangle box. A soft smile came across roxys face. "Ah, she'll love it." He nodded.

Everyone went back to finalizing the party. Soon, it was ready. A pink cake was made, flower balloons propped up, gifts wrapped and placed on a table. It was beautiful. They turned the lights off.

A few moments later the sound of someone walking in sounded. An exhausted sighed echoed through the room. Everyone as quiet. The moment Sakura took off her akatsuki cloak, everyone turned the lights on.

"Happy Birthday!" Sakura jumped and held her chest. "Dang gu- WOAH!" She walked in and smiled. "You guys remembered!?" Roxy walked over and messed up her hair. "Of course we did!" Roxy smiled at her. Sakura smiled bright. This young girl has bloomed. She had shoulder length pink hair, and a dark outfit that contrasted her well. Her byakugou seal showed on her forehead.

Everyone brought her in a served her cake and basically let her enjoy her day.

Roxy leaned against the wall and watched Sakura and smiled to herself. Pain came over and did the same next to her. "Is it nice having a daughter?" Roxy chuckled softly. "Totally worth it..."

"Is it any different that she's adopted?" Roxy turned her head and sipped her drink. "I mean... no... I've had a child before but... I don't remember what happened. They said the baby died. I don't even know if it was a boy or girl, but having Sakura in my life is like having my child here with me." Pain looks at her surprised.

"You has a child?" She nodded. "I don't tell many people that. So shush." He looked at her and nodded. He shook it off his mind as Sakura walked over to Him. She was wearing the necklace he had gotten for her. "Thank you so much pain... I love this so much."

He smiled and nodded. "You're welcome kid." She smiled and bowed as she hugged Roxy. "Thank you for everything mom." Roxy hugged her back and nodded. "You're welcome." She smiled softly. Sakura smiled bright and then held her hand and took her over to the table with her to look at the gifts she had received.

Tobi was looking at the two. "You know... Roxy... you and Sakura look really alike?" Roxy looked a him. "Yeah... imma say no." Everyone agreed. Roxy just shrugged. It seemed like she was trying to avoid a conversation.

Tobi chuckled. "Sakura has the same face shape and eyes as her!" Roxy turned and looked at Tobi. "Didn't I tell you to shut up?" Tobi immediately stayed quiet.

Roxy sighed and walked outside and rubbed her head. She held her stomach slightly but stopped as she saw a box. She picked it up. It was signed to sakura. She raised a brow.

"Sakura!" She came outside. "Yeah Mom?" "Here's another gift for you. I don't know where it's from."

Sakura held it and opened it. She froze as she looked at a picture. It was her team from when she was a Konoha Ninja. She teared up faintly and looked at a current photo. "Wow.... they've changed."

Roxy smiled softly and patted her head. "They never miss a beat every year huh..." Sakura nodded and sighed. Things would've been so much more different if only her pleas and cries for help were acknowledged.

She looked at roxy and just hugged her. Roxy smiled softly. She hugged her back and rubbed her back gently. "You okay kiddo?" Sakura nodded and sighed. "Thank you... for taking care of me. I don't deserve you."

Roxy Just chuckled and kissed her head. "I don't deserve you kid." It was raining faintly as they stayed outside. Sakura pulled from the hug. "Let's head inside and enjoy everyone company before we all head Back on missions."

Roxy nodded. "You Head in, I'll meet you." Sakura nodded and went inside. Roxy leaned agaisnt the wall and closed her eyes. The wind blew past her face. She took a deep breath and sighed.

Everything was about to change. She had to be ready... it wasn't going to be an easy change. She just sighed and rested there.