Thirty-One - Partners

I'd say we broke up but technically you have to be boyfriend and girlfriend to do that, right?

*

"Goodnight Ken."

"Ah? Oh, goodnight Dai."

Night watch usually went the same for Ken and Dai. They rotated every week, one of them on night and one on day but they shared a few hours in between. Whomever had the night shift would bring a dinner serving for the two of them, they'd play cards while keeping theirs eyes on the security screens and out the window to the prisoner they were watching. Then the day shiftee would head home for a good rest. Ken was on night shift this particular evening, having just wrapped up the food containers and packed the portable game of checkers into his desk drawer.

He waited until he heard Dai's footsteps echoing down the hallway before he quickly locked the door into their little security office. He glanced at the live security footage before he pulled a micro-USB from his pocket, humming a boppy and delightful tune as he got to work. He plugged the USB in, making the security footage loop a 5 second timeframe over and over while still displaying the time as live. He sighed, leaning back in his rolling chair and putting his feet up triumphantly.

He flicked open a flip phone and speed dialed the only number saved. As he spoke, his voice began to change, getting higher with each word. "Yeah, its ready.... Can you bring me something to eat...? The cheap takeout I got for this dimwit made me gag.... Make it a really, really, really bloody steak." He giggled, the kind of giggle that seemed like it belonged to someone else. He could almost hear the person on the other side of the call roll their eyes before they hung up.

Moments later, an eery blackish purple smoke appeared at his side and a hand with a charred purple wrist poked out, thrusting a raw steak into his face. "Enjoy it, freak." The owner of the hand muttered to him with a husky irritated voice before retracting their limb.

"Thanks!" His voice changed again, sounding like one that belonged to a young woman. When he peeled the steak from his face, it had changed into the face of a young woman too. She had bright yellow eyes, a small nose and wide smiling mouth with a light permanent flush across her cheeks. Himiko Toga, one of the wanted members of the League of Villains had infiltrated Tartarus, posing as the night guard Ken.

"I can't believe you eat that filth." A raspy voice said to her as he entered the room through the strange smoky portal. Tomura Shigaraki placed his hand mask over his face and glanced at his surroundings. "Is he awake?" He gestured his head to the prisoner in question.

"I literally don't think he sleeps." Toga said as she took a toothy bite from her raw steak. "Hmm!" She licked her lips clean of the blood that had spilled out of the corners of her mouth. A body was launched out of the dark portal after Shigaraki had cleared the entrance belonging to the real guard that Toga had replaced

"Him and I both." Shigaraki mumbled before he exited the office into the bleak cell. It was a large room with white floor, walls and ceiling. An anti-quirk shield decided the room in two perfect halves, the empty half open to the guards and the other half containing a small table, bed, toilet, sink and shower. Everything white. Everything bleak.

"Tomura Shigaraki." The prisoner spoke when heard Shigaraki's boots clacking along on the cold floor. He looked up from his small table. "I was wondering when you lot would show up."

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Doctor." Shigaraki stood in the centre of his half of the prison cell, tapping his fingers together rhythmically.

"What can I do for you?" The Doctor his hands together from across the table and lowered his head.

"I'm sure they don't keep you up to date with the news in here but several weeks ago I deployed one of my Nomu to Okinawa where those brats from UA were partaking in a hero assistance program." Shigaraki began to explain.