Thirty-Four - Unfinished Business

Kaizen? That's so very nostalgic of you...

*

"Well if you two aren't going to. I call dibs. I got unfinished business with these freaks."

"Re- Kaizen! Don't!" Todoroki tried to grab her arm but she was too quick, already a few feet from the Nomu, her arms engulfed in flames.

"Oh great, so she gets to be the one to kill that bastard." Bakugo grumbled as he folded his arms over his chest. "How's that fair?"

"It's not a competition!" Todoroki yelled at him exasperatedly. "Neither of you hot-heads were meant to do anything!"

"Well now, you don't have to be jealous for long." They heard the silky voice of a woman behind them, making them snap to her attention. She was accompanied by a brute of a guy, starkly contrasting her extremely put together and posh appearance. While she was clean, pristine, petite and pale, he was tall, broad, heavily muscled and filthy. He wore a muzzle attached to a chain that she twirled within her gloved fingers.

"Who the hell are these guys?" Bakugo muttered to Todoroki. "I pay attention, okay? I definitely didn't see them in the briefing..."

"No, neither did I." Todoroki whispered back.

"Who wants the Jaw?" She asked as she I clipped the chain from his muzzle, making it come loose and fall to the road with a loud clang. His mouth seemed to take up more than half of his face and some of his teeth poked out of his lips. From her calling him "Jaw" and his mouthly appearance, the two could only assume his bite would be as bad as his bark.

"You can have the easy one." Bakugo smirked as he gestured to Todoroki. "I'll take the big guy."

The woman smiled at Bakugo as Jaw rushed for Todoroki. Bakugo's eyes widened as he watched the brute ram into his ally and send him flying into a nearby building.

"Bold of you to assume I'm easy." She cackled at him and he snapped his head back to her.

"You're damn annoying." Bakugo muttered as he held his arms in front of him, charging up an explosive attack. She smiled again before she took in a deep breath, letting out an ear-splitting scream. He tried to cover his ears with his arms but an immense invisible force knocked him flying further than Todoroki had gone.

He stumbled off of the wall he'd just collided into and wiped dust from his black sleeves. Ren slid next to him and wiped a mixture of blood and sweat from her brow while still keeping a keen eye on her enemy.

"Y-You okay?" He asked, ignoring any anger he had for her in that brief moment.

"Back off, Blasty." She muttered before she activated her water supply. The liquid came rushing into her hands and engulfing her arms much like her flames had done before. "You're the last person I need help from."

Bakugo gritted his teeth harshly. Why even bother with that one?! He thrust his arms behind him and rocketed off with a series of quick blasts.

This Nomu seemed confused and new to its abilities so it was easy for Ren to get hits on it. It wasn't very defensive or offensive but as soon as her fist collided with a part of its body, her arm would just bounce off like it was the springiest rubber possible. She'd bounced so hard off of its flesh several times that she'd been sent spinning into a wall or lamppost. Her flames made its skin hot to touch, and even springier than it was before. So her theory was to try and cool its flesh and maybe it would become snappy and breakable.

Meanwhile, Todoroki was trying to keep away from the large snapping teeth of the brute called Jaw. If he used his ice as a defensive barrier, the big oaf would snap it away with a crunching bite. If he used his flames defensively he could keep him away from a moment to think out his next move but Jaw didn't seem to mind getting burnt, it was almost as if pain meant nothing to him.