Fifteen - Trial

We just had a little chat... She seemed upset. I'm curious to see where the story goes for her...

*

The class gathered outside their Heights Alliance building that morning at 5:30. Everyone was rugged up as the mid-September early morning air chilled them to the bone. Iida went over his list on his clipboard, checking off their attendance alphabetically.

"Mr Aizawa, sir." Iida said to Aizawa, who had a puffy yellow jacket on that very closely resembled his sleeping bag. 

"Yes." He turned to Iida with darker circles than normal resting below his eyes.

"Um, well, Chinami is not on my list." Iida said while showing the clipboard to Aizawa.   

Ren stood on the edge of the lineup and clutched her coat closer to her body. The autumn here was far colder than any winters she was used to experiencing in California, she was already dreading the snowy winters. "You're not coming with us, are you?" Todoroki stood next to her and asked quietly.

"No." She mumbled back. "I knew you would've connected the dots."

"That's right, Chinami shouldn't be on your list."Aizawa nodded at Iida. The bus that would be taking them all to the airport pulled up and came to a stop with a light squeak. Following the bus was a black town car with darkly tinted windows and shiny chrome accents. It stopped too just behind the bus and after a moment, one of the back doors opened to reveal a poshly suited up Endeavour.

"D-Dad?" Todoroki mumbled. He furrowed his brow and clenched his teeth. 'Tch?' He looked at Ren. She gripped her bags and rolled them over to the car. Endeavour helped her put them in the trunk while the class watched, mumbles travelled between them. Deku looked at Bakugo, he wouldn't take his saddened eyes off of Ren.

"Oh my god." Yaoyorozu whispered.

"What?" Jiro whispered back.

"Think about it." Yaoyorozu clenched her jaw and frowned.

"I'll see you all next week." Ren called out to them before she got into the town car. Endeavour nodded at Todoroki before he stepped back into the car, and they drove off.

"Chinami will not be joining us this week. She has been summoned to speak at a trial. That is all I'm allowed to tell you. Fill in the gaps yourself." Aizawa muttered as the dust kicked up from the luxury car had cleared away.

"No way..." Uraraka mumbled sadly.

"Try not to dwell on it." Aizawa said as the bus doors opened. "Let's go."

The class filed onto the bus in the order that Iida had selected. He tried to assign their seats too but they sat where they wanted to. There was gossip about Ren and The Doctor the whole way to the airport. Bakugo put his headphones on so he could ignore them and distract himself from any of his own worrying thoughts. Once they had gotten into the air, Kirishima turned to Bakugo and with a lowered voice he asked, "So, did she tell you any of this?"

"Why do you think she would?" Bakugo grumbled back and stared out the airplane window.

Kirishima shrugged. "I dunno, you guys talk and stuff too, right? I mean, I'm not asking you to tell me but ya know, just wondering if she did."

Bakugo sighed. "Yeah. She told me."

"So she is going to The Doctor's trial?!" Kirishima raised his voice slightly. He covered his mouth and looked around to see if anyone had heard him. Most of the class around them were either asleep or watching a movie with their earphones in.