Three - Mirio

Aaand it was pretty dumb of Bakugo and Chinami to let themselves get so caught up in each other like that. What are they, dating?

*

A few weeks had passed since the start of second year and Ren was settling well into the swing of things. She was surprised to see that most weekends a lot of the class would stay at Heights Alliance for homework or hanging out with friends. She enjoyed spending time with Uraraka, Midoriya and Tsu but she'd also hang out with Yaoyorozu's crew and occasionally even Aoyama, who loved to braid her hair.

That Thursday, the class was heading down to the quirk training gym. Ren's costume was fairly simple; she wore a navy body suit with a high neck and no sleeves, a simple belt that held a few water bottles in it's holsters and simple sneakers.

"So, what have you got planned for the last weekend before the sports festival?" Tsu asked her and Uraraka. "Last minute training?"

"I actually have to go home this weekend." Uraraka scratched the back of her head. "It's my Granny's 80th birthday so we're having a big family party."

"That sounds awesome." Ren said with a smile. "You must be excited to see your family."

"Yeah, I'm pretty excited. My granny and I are really close. She's the one person in my family that has a quirk most similar to mine. She can make things light but only when she's lifting it. Been pretty handy in her old age." Uraraka chuckled.

"What are you getting her?" Tsu asked as they arrived at the gym.

Uraraka's face fell. "I found this camellia blossom broach at an antique store. I've been saving for months with my money from work studies but when I went to buy it, they upped the price."

"Ribbit! That's so scummy!" Tsu grumbled. Ren furrowed her brow and stared at Uraraka's fallen face.

"Listen up." Aizawa announced and stopped their conversation. "Today we're gonna go back to basics of training without relying on your quirk. Use this as an opportunity to demonstrate how far you've come since the first time we did this." He placed a hand on his shoulder and stretched against his grip slightly. "So to help with this, I've brought in a guest teacher today."

The gym doors opened behind them and in marched a proud, peppy and bouncy round-faced fella. His bright white, gold and red outfit seemed to sparkle as he bounced up to the class. This positive ball of energy was none other than Mirio Togata. Ren inhaled sharply when she saw his happy round face and quaffed hair.

"Mirio!" Midoriya exclaimed as he joined Aizawa. His brightness shone starkly against Aizawa's gloomy aura.

"Heya Deku!" Mirio gave a little wave and a wide smile.

"I'm sure you all remember Mirio Togata?" Aizawa gestured to him.

"Of course!" Kirishima clenched two fists. "The quirkless hero, Lemillion!"

Mirio chuckled. "Well, sorta!" He held his cape up. "I've been working with Mr Aizawa and Eri, as well as a team of quirk scientists really hard over the last few months. Eri has managed to reverse the effects to the point..." He pushed his hand through his cape. "Where I can permeate through soft materials."

"That's amazing Mirio!" Midoriya exclaimed and smiled widely. "You never told me you were working on it."

"We had to keep it under wraps cause we weren't sure it'd be successful." Mirio gave him a thumbs up. "Anyway, it's great to see you all again, let's move onto the-" He paused for a second when he met Ren's gaze. His cheerful demeanour turned serious for a split second. "The class." Mirio cleared his throat and broke his seriousness, returning to his happy self.