Six - Katsuki Snaps 🍋

It's not my fault you're attracted to me.

*

Several more weeks passed. It had been quiet since the sports festival, giving them plenty of time to prepare for their pre-summer exams. Everyone was starting to make plans for their summer, places they'd go, people they'd wanna see. Every time someone asked Ren what she was planning on doing, she'd reply with an uneasy; "Oh ya know... Studying and sleeping I guess..." Followed by an awkward chuckle and quick change in conversation. Of course some of them would be at their work studies a few days a week.

Ren was packing her bag after their final Tuesday afternoon lesson. "Don't forget, your English is exam is next week! Yea-ah!" Present Mic clicked his fingers at the class before he left.

"Oh Ren, here's that book you asked to borrow." Kirishima came up to her desk and handed her a copy of Romeo and Juliet; the revised Hero edition. Bakugo leant against the wall near his own desk while he waited for Kirishima. He glanced over at Ren.

"Oh awesome! Thanks!" Ren tucked some of her long hair behind her ear, only for it to fall out of place again. She placed the book in amongst with her others while she chatted with Kirishima. Bakugo watched her intently. How her hair fell like silk over her shoulders, how her eyes crinkled closed when she laughed, how her lips returned to their plump peachy state when she finished smiling. He felt his lips part, his heart rate quickened, he couldn't take his eyes off of her.

Ren tucked her hair behind her ear again and glanced over at Bakugo after feeling like someone had been staring. Her hair slid over her shoulder and she parted her lips slightly too. He realised he was staring at her and she'd caught him doing so. He clenched his teeth and furrowed his brow before snapping his attention away from her and to his phone.

Ren frowned slightly. He'd been acting strangely since the Sports Festival, clearly her cookie peace offering didn't work at all. She understood why he'd be annoyed at her for the first couple of days but then it continued. He was always cold towards her, even colder than he was when she first joined their class. When she brought it up with Deku and Uraraka at lunch, they brushed it off, telling her he was just like that. But the way he was acting towards her felt different to how he acted to the others. Bakugo spoke to the others, even if it was yelling, but Ren, he just flat ignored her when she talked to him or even smiled at him. It annoyed her that he was like this but it annoyed her even more that she cared so much. He was just an angry idiot. But he was a hot angry idiot.

"Anyway, you can give the book back to me like, whenever. Just make sure it's before the exam, okay?" Kirishima rubbed the back of his neck and tilted his head down slightly. "So I can study too and try not to fail!" He chuckled uneasily.

"Oh... Yeah..." Ren snapped her attention back to Kirishima. "Of course!" She swung her bag over her shoulder. "Hey, if you ever need a hand with English just let me know, okay!"

"Oh yeah! You lived in the States!" Kirishima said excitedly as the two of them weaved between the desks to the front of the class. "Maybe we should get together a group f-" Bakugo grabbed Kirishima and dragged him out of the classroom. "Hey! Bakugo! What the hell, man?!"

"You were taking too long, shitty hair." Bakugo grumbled. Kirishima struggled against Bakugo's death grip. He wasn't taking that long at all but Bakugo couldn't keep his eyes off of Ren, even if he had his phone plastered to his face. He had to get out of there and away from her alluring physique. Ren watched them go and chuckled at how Kirishima struggled against his friends grip.

After dinner, Ren went back to her room early to take notes on the book she'd leant from Kirishima. After a couple hours of copying lines and jotting down notes, she took a break to shower and get ready for bed. Once she was clean and suitably pyjama-ed, Ren grabbed the book from her room to return it to Kirishima. They weren't really allowed to go between the girls and boys rooms at night but most of them were probably still awake, and it was almost exam time so there were reasons to visit each other's rooms.