Five - Rematch

Dammit! I'd just gotten her off my mind, then she had to go and do something like that!

*

There were four of them left now. Yaoyorozu went up against Midoriya in their semi-final match. Midoriya won, meaning whoever won between the other two would fight against Deku in a battle to remember. When the names were announced on the screen, Ren prayed she'd get Midoriya so she could bow out of the race... But when Katsuki Bakugo popped up next to her name, her pride got the best of her. Midoriya and Yaoyorozu had their battle while Bakugo and Ren waited in the hall that lead to the battlefield.

"Hm." Bakugo smirked smugly. "This'll be easy, and then I can go up against Deku, that damn nerd."

"I wouldn't be so sure of yourself." Ren narrowed her eyes at him. Present Mic called out their names and the crowd's cheers sounded through the hall. Bakugo groaned at her as he peeled himself from lazing against the wall so they could walk out. "Besides, all I have to do is get on top of you." She winked at Bakugo before stepping out onto the field. It infuriated him how easily she could push his buttons.

They stood across from each other on the concrete platform and squared each other up. "You're so screwed." Bakugo smirked.

Ren looked down and shut her eyes. "Hm."
She hummed with a little smirk. "You seem really intent on screwing me, huh?"

Bakugo felt the palms of his hands and the apples of his cheeks heat up to her words. It annoyed him and strangely aroused him at the same time. 'Head in the game, Katsuki'. He thought to himself.

"There's no puddles of water for you now, I'm not stupid like that icy-hot half-and-half bastard!" Yeah, thinking about Todoroki always killed his horny buzz. Bakugo clenched his fists and little explosions popped around his hands. "I'm gonna roast you alive, Freckles!"

Present Mic sounded the start of their match. "Whatever you say, Baka." Ren said casually and knocked the lids off of her bottles.

Bakugo rushed forward with an explosion that propelled him towards her. As he got close to her he swung his arms forward and sent an explosion her way. Ren slid out of the way smoothly and sent some water to slap him in the face. She smirked as the liquid stunned him, causing him to stumble slightly. Bakugo slid to a halt and wiped his face. "Is that all you got?!" He screamed and rushed at her again.

Ren stood her ground and waited for his attack. She had been watching Bakugo intently for the weeks leading up to the sports festival. She couldn't help herself, he was fascinating to watch. 'Okay, I gotta show him I can defend from the front so he's tempted to do that move where he attacks me from the back.' Ren strategised to herself.

Bakugo made another attack at Ren. He sent an explosion to her directly but Ren was ready. She leapt up over the explosion and landed just behind Bakugo.

"Dammit!" He screamed and turned to her. Bakugo flew forward with an explosion from his palm. This was it, the move she was expecting. She'd pulled him far enough to the side. He propelled himself upward with an explosion, then at the last second, sent himself over her head with another explosion.

Ren followed his position carefully.

There.

As he popped up behind her she grabbed his wrist and rotated it away from her. Panicked, Bakugo sent out and explosion. The flames licked at her wrist but she didn't budge. 'What?! That should've seared her skin!' Ren dropped his wrist and slapped both of her hands on his cheeks.

'Hng?!' Bakugo clenched his jaw as he felt his body go limp at her touch. Aizawa rocketed up from his seat and lent in. The crowd went dead silent. It was just for a second but he caught a glimpse of it, a blue electric aura zapped around Ren. The battleground that Bakugo had half destroyed had pieces of rubble scattered all around it, and a few of the rocky pieces vibrated ever so slightly.