Eighteen - A Date..?

Well I- I thought a gentleman was supposed to pay on the first date.

*

Ren spent the morning assisting the local surf club. They had free lessons throughout the day for young kids who wanted to learn the basics of surfing. She would instruct them, take them out for short sessions, and help the club with safety. She was pretty tired when she got back to the house, it had been so long since the last time she'd gone surfing and been in the sun for that long.

"Welcome back!" Uraraka greeted her when she returned to the girls changing room where their hero uniforms were kept. Ren leant her surfboard against the wall across from the lockers. "How was it?"

"Really awesome!" Ren gave her a thumbs up before she pulled off her belt and boots. "You getting ready to start?"

"Yeah." Uraraka zipped the back of her suit. "I wish we were on the same schedule, we could've gone exploring this afternoon."

"We all get Sundays off, right?" Ren asked as she slipped her bodysuit off. "We could do something tomorrow."

"That would be cool!" Uraraka paused. "There's actually something I've been meaning to ask you."

Ren froze as she put her suit into her locker. She closed her eyes and took a quick breath. "Yeah... Of course... We'll talk tomorrow, okay?" She smiled at Uraraka.

"Cool!" Uraraka smiled back and waved her goodbye as she started her afternoon hero shift. Ren showered the sea water and sand off of her body and rinsed out her bouncy curls. She pulled on a pair of loose high-waisted jeans and a white crop top. She finished her relaxed look with a pair of comfortable sneakers, and a soft fabric bag that held her swimsuit and other necessities.

Bakugo had probably already left. They'd agreed to meet up at the Okinawa aquarium so he could witness her using the shark dive ticket he'd got her for her birthday a couple of months back. That time felt like so long ago. Ren checked how far it would be for her to walk, a 15 minute walk along the beach. Perfect. She slipped her sunglasses on and popped her earphones in to listen to music while she enjoyed the scenery.

The crowds became more dense the closer she got the aquarium. 'Damn, hopefully it's not too busy.' She thought to herself. Ren spied Bakugo leaning against the wall near the entrance. He was wearing a baggy black t-shirt with a white triangle printed on it and some dark ripped jeans. She packed her things away and approached him with an excited smile.

"Hey!" She said cheerfully as she hopped in front of him.

"Hey." He mumbled back. "You get here okay?"

"Yep!" She smirked. Her happy expression fell when she saw the line for entrance. "Oh man..."

"Don't worry. I booked online." He held up his phone and showed her an email with the booking confirmation.

"Oh, awesome!" Ren clenched her fists with excitement. "Just uh, let me know the ticket price so I can pay you back, okay?"

They headed to the express entrance. "Nah."

"Come on! You can't pay for this AND the diving!" Ren pleaded as they opened the gates to let them in.

"Looks like I just did." Bakugo shrugged.

Ren wanted to continue arguing but now they were inside and she was instantly captivated by the marvel that was the Okinawa Aquarium. Ren immediately darted off to the nearest exhibit and stared at it wide-eyed and open mouthed. Bakugo sauntered after her and lifted her bottom jaw to shut her mouth. He was never really one for sea life or animals but seeing the wonder in her eyes was the real experience for him.