Thirty-Two - A Todoroki Family Dinner

A/N: WARNING
hey yo, while this isn't a lemon I just wanted to warn y'all that there's some not 100% consensual stuff in here. From about 3/4 in if you're wanting to skip ✌️

*

I should never have invited her into my room that night.

*

It was the Friday of what Ren considered to be one of the shittiest weeks of her life, and she'd had a few. Aizawa's way of 'dealing with her later' was to unload the whole grade's English homework to be marked for Present Mic before the weekend. That meant all of the Hero course, Support class, Management and General Studies in 2nd year. On top of her normal work, training and afternoon work studies it pretty much meant Ren didn't sleep between Wednesday night and Friday afternoon. It was her own fault, she didn't have anyone else to blame but at least it took her mind off of Bakugo and the joint mission they'd be going on next week.

She felt 98% dead by the end of her Friday work study shift. This particular afternoon had Todoroki and Ren showing Endeavour how far her quirk had come in the time they'd been training together, and in a huff he announced they'd both be staying for now. They didn't see him smirking to himself as he walked away, proud that his son had taught her so well and Ren had taken the advice brilliantly.

She and Todoroki had just arrived at their nearby train station as the early evening air chilled Ren right to the bone. She shivered as she checked the train times, wrapping her scarf a little higher on her cheeks. "Next train is in 7 minutes." She muffled to Todoroki through her scarf.

"I'm getting that one." He pointed to the train above it set to arrive in 4 minutes.

"You not coming home?" Ren asked with a furrowed brow.

"Technically I'm going home home. And I'll be back later." He ran his hand through his dual-toned hair as they stepped up to the platform. "My sister wants us to have dinner as a family to reconnect or something."

"That sounds like sooooo much fun." Ren commented sarcastically.

"She makes really good soba so I think I can put up with it." He exhaled an icy sigh. Ren smiled softly as they waited in silence for his train to pull up first. Businesspeople filtered in and out of the station as they made their journey home after a long workweek. "Do you want to come?" He asked as the train rocketed into the station.

"Uh- Really?!" She stammered and took a half step forward. "Won't I be intruding? I feel like it'd be kinda weird considering your dad is my boss and all..."

Todoroki glanced at the train as people began piling in. "I think you'll make it more bearable. We'll be less likely to fight if you're there." He chuckled uncomfortably.

Ren glanced between Todoroki and the train, trying to make the decision in the few seconds they had before it pulled away. "Okay, why the hell not?!" Todoroki grabbed her hand to pull her through the crowd of suits and onto the train. They stumbled through the doors and were immediately squished by the overcrowded carriage. Todoroki took hold of one of the loop handles hanging from the ceiling but the rest had been claimed by tired hands while Ren was looking for one to hold onto.

"H-here." He tapped his arm. "You can hold onto me, if you want." He looked away as he spoke quietly, a shade of red tinting his cheeks. Ren felt her own cheeks warm up as she tentatively gripped onto his strong arm.

"Thank you." She said softly.

Oh my god was he flexing?!

A few moments of nothing but the sound of the train rocketing through the city and gentle chatter between others passengers moved past. "Wanna share?" Ren pulled her earbuds from her pocket and offered one to Todoroki.