Four - Sports Festival

I don't know what it's like to be you? Please, if there's anyone here who knows, and even more so than you, it's me.

*

It seemed to come out of nowhere; the UA Sports Festival. Last year was tough enough, now they were second years with hero licenses and to make things harder, this year they were joined by a higher scoring student than Todoroki. The day moved by in a blur and as she suspected Ren made it through to the main event of the day; the one on one battles.

The first round consisted of eight matches. Todoroki vs a Support Class student, Bakugo vs Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu from 2B, Midoriya vs Iida, Ren vs Mineta (surprisingly). Yaoyorozu vs another Class 2B Hiryu Rin, Shoji vs Sero, Kirishima vs Kaminari and Hitoshi Shinso, a recently transferred General Studies student into the Hero course vs Tokoyami.

Todoroki took out the support student with a single move, Bakugo blasted Tetsutetsu out of bounds with ease. Iida and Midoriya's battle took some time, they were both hesitant to fight each other but in the end it was Broccoli Boy who came out on top.

Ren and Mineta were up next. As they made their way up to the battleground, whispers travelled through the classes in the stands. Bakugo sat with his arms aggressively crossed next to Kirishima and he couldn't help but listen to what the others had to say about Ren.

"...Oh man that poor kid..."

"....What do you mean?..."

"...You haven't heard? Apparently she's got higher scores than Todoroki... And maybe even Bakugo..."

"...No way!..."

'Hm.' Bakugo frowned and watched Ren step up to the concrete ground. "As if."

"Oh god... Oh god..." Mineta stumbled onto the battleground, shaking in his shoes. "How did I get into thisth?"

"Cause you're good." Ren said with a smirk. It stopped his shaking for a moment. "Believe in yourself, Grape Boy." Mineta smirked back.

Present Mic signalled the start of the match with an excited yell and immediately, Ren knocked the lids off of her water bottles and let them roll to the ground. She had registered the belt she wore with her hero costume as a support item. Water slid from the bottles and crawled up her body and down to her hands. Mineta immediately began panic throwing purple balls toward her.

Ren dodged them rhythmically and hastened towards Mineta. His unsuccessful artillery plopping all over the battleground behind her. Mineta stumbled backwards as he continued to throw grape balls at her.

Until one hit her.

And then another and another.

"Yesth!" Mineta exclaimed triumphantly. His panic tactic seemed to be working on the supposedly high ranking student and so the obvious course of action was to continue bombarding her with the purple bubbles. Even though a stream of blood was already pouring down his forehead.

Her movement began to slow from the weight of the purple bubbles attached all over her body. Mineta chuckled smugly. "You'll have to thsurrender if you want me to take my ballsth off of you. Although, I don't sthee why you'd want me to do that." He wiggled his fingers and eyebrows as the blood from his forehead seeped down to his nose.

Ren paused her struggling movement and stared back at him with a blank expression. A purple ball slid off of her arm and dropped to the floor with a splat. "Huh?!" Mineta's jaw dropped. Only he couldn't stick to them, how was she doing this? Then another slipped off and dropped to the ground, and another until they had all slipped off and landed on the concrete with a sploot. Ren raised a single brow at the arrogant midget as water trickled down her fingers and onto the ground.