Fourteen - Perspective

I didn't know Mr Aizawa had a daughter.

*

It was the week before Okinawa and the trial. The class was buzzing with excitement and anticipation. Two weeks on a beautiful sub-tropical island, new places to see, people to meet, food to eat and hero work to be done.

"Wow! Did you know their delicacy is a smoked sea snake broth?!" Uraraka asked Ren and pointed to a picture in the little Okinawa guidebook they'd all been given. "I dunno how I feel about eating sea snake..."

Ren sipped her coffee and stared down at the photo. 'Hm.' She raised her eyebrows slightly at the dish, only half paying attention to what Uraraka was saying. "Yeah, I'd have to agree with you on that... Don't know how I'd feel about Sssalty... Ssssmokey... Sssssnake water."

"If we are privileged enough to be offered this by one of the island locals, you will all accept and eat it with pride." Iida butted and gestured to the guide book with his flat hand. "UA's reputation is on our hands, and we will be guests on their land."

Ren and Uraraka exchanged a glance and smirked. "Yes, Iida!" Uraraka sang out and rolled her eyes.

It was Thursday lunchtime. Ren sat with Uraraka, Iida, Deku, Tsu and Bakugo had joined them again. He would occasionally pop to their table and sit next to Ren, never talking to anyone, just eating and glancing at her occasionally. Friday morning would see the class jet setting off to Okinawa, while Ren would stay behind and head into Tokyo's centre for the trial. She still hadn't told anyone, they would just have to find out in the morning.

"I'm not eating that." Bakugo grumbled as he slurped up some noodles. The group was shocked to hear him speak.

"As I just said, Bakugo, if you are offered this dish you will-" Iida began.

"What? Are you gonna make me?" He turned to Iida and grinned at him evilly. Iida opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. "I have a really high standard when it comes to broths anyway." He glanced at Ren before returning to his food. Ren smirked and covered her mouth with her coffee mug.

After lunch, Aizawa took them through the procedures of their travel for the next day. They would be escorted from Heights Alliance to the airport by him, and then Iida and Yaoyorozu would be in charge from then onwards. Their first day in Okinawa would allow them to settle in and explore the island before their hero work started on Saturday. Ren sighed and leant on her arm. She stared at the back of Bakugo's head, wishing he would turn around and give her a cheeky grin. Those always made her feel better. She glanced back up at Aizawa and watched him draw up their schedule on the board, his words just becoming muffles the longer he went on.

That afternoon, Ren packed two different bags; one for Tokyo and one for Okinawa. She packed trousers, skirts, blouses and blazers for Tokyo, and warm summer clothing for Okinawa. Ren couldn't wait to be at the beach, she could surf again.

A knock came at the door. Ren opened it to Mr Aizawa. "Listen, uh, there's someone I'd like you to meet." Was all he said before he began walking back down the hall.

Ren grabbed her phone and shut the door behind her. She hurried after Aizawa and joined him in the lift. "Bakugo told me about that night." He said to her as soon as the doors closed. Oh shit, he knew. Ren opened her mouth to say something. "He said you were extremely upset after the breaking news, and you came to him for comfort but your emotions made you lose control and faint. He connected the dots himself." Aizawa looked at Ren, his tired eyes boring into her soul. Okay, so he didn't know.

Maybe.

"I don't remember much from that night. I was very upset." She mumbled and looked away from his piercing stare.