Twenty-Four - Saturdate

But I thought you were too busy and focused on becoming the Number One Hero to waste your time on a girlfriend.

*

"Pleeeeeaaaase Ren, PLEASE!" Ashido cried out as she pulled on Ren's long knitted cream cardigan.

"Mina, stop! You're gonna unravel it!" Ren pulled her cardigan from Ashido's baby-like grip and turned her body away so the pink couldn't get her fingers back into the soft knitted fabric. She was meters from the front door of the dorms, more eager than she would've been for her second date with Bakugo considering it had been weeks since she'd left UA grounds. Ashido had caught her trying to leave unnoticed while she sat in the common room trying to wrap her head around the English assignment.

"BUT REEEEEEEEN!" She whined. "I need your heeeeelp!" Ashido rocked Ren's shoulders back and forth violently as her words came out as high-pitched squeals.

"MINA!" Ren ripped her shoulders from Ashido's surprisingly strong pink grip. "I asked you on Wednesday night if you needed help with the English assignment then because I wasn't going to spend my first Saturday in like, WEEKS inside so that we literally didn't have to have this exact interaction!" She pinched the bridge of her nose as she explained herself to Ashido.

"Well I didn't think I needed help theeeeen..." Ashido whined and collapsed to the floor, her legs splaying out like she was a toddler throwing a tantrum.

"Come on Chinami!" Another voice joined Ashido's pathetic wails, this time it was Kaminari. He flopped down beside Ashido on his knees and clasping his hands together like he was begging for his life, he pleaded with Ren too. "I'll do your laundry for a month."

Ren rolled her eyes. "I'm too particular."

"I'll clean your room for you!" Ashido leapt to her knees beside Kaminari.

"What makes you think it's ever messy?" Ren quirked a brow.

A third beggar joined their chorus of whines and wails. "I'll sthort your pantiesth draw for you!"

Ren quirked her other eyebrow at the purple-ball headed kid who didn't need to drop to his knees to be at the same height as his friends. "Want me to slap you into another wall, Grape Face?"

"It is your responsibility... Nay, your obligation as the top student in our class to assist us with assignments... Especially when you're literally fluent in the subject." Kaminari thought his charming boyish smile could persuade Ren. "Plus Bakugo's been out all morning so it's not like we've got backup."

"My obligation, huh?" Ren's eyes narrowed at the three grovelling at her feet. "I don't like being told what to do."

They heard a chuckle from the stairwell. Kirishima shuffled past towards the common area in his house slippers, hands sunk low into his comfy sweatpants and his baggy vest swaying across his toned chest. "You sound like you've been hanging out with Bakugo." He gave Ren a cheeky wink before he disappeared from their view.

Ren's eyes twitched and she felt her jaw clench. "I'm surrounded by idiots." She mumbled before she turned on her heel, using Kirishima's quick distracting comment to make a break for it.

"Have you been hanging out with Bakugo?" Kaminari asked innocently, more so commenting on Ren's attitude than actually asking.

Ren's hand froze on the doorknob before she flipped her head back to her classmates. "I'm gonna start charging for lessons, good luck kids." And with that she was out the door, her long blonde curls flowing behind her.

Bakugo had instructed that they would meet at the train station in the city centre near Shizuoka Prefecture. Apparently, he knew the best food joint and insisted that's where they'd dine at some point during the day, followed by any other activity he deemed worthy of their time. Ren cursed Ashido, Kaminari and Mineta for clinging to her this morning. Bakugo hated tardiness, even if the meeting was casual. She'd just managed to jog onto the platform as the train Bakugo was on pulled into the station.