Seventeen - Okinawa 🍋

What an idiot, I love it.

*

Yaoyorozu got an email from Mr Aizawa in the early afternoon. He informed her that Ren's flight would be arriving by 2:30 that afternoon, and asked if she could escort her from the airport back to the house they were staying in.

"Ren's flight is arriving already!" She announced to the small group of them that was at the house. She and Iida stayed behind with Uraraka, Aoyama, Koda, Sato and Ashido but if they were needed they'd send one of them out or swap with the other members of the class who were already out.

"That's awesome!" Uraraka exclaimed. "Can I go get her?"

"Mr Aizawa asked me to, I need you to cover my phone for me. Sorry, 'Chaco." Yaoyorozu explained with a worried brow.

"Aw, too bad! Not a prob though." She held a thumbs up.

"I'll be back soon!" Yaoyorozu called out as she left. It was a beautiful day, like all the other days in Okinawa. Residents of the island waved and greeted Momo as she walked by. A distant rumble made her glance up at the sky, dark clouds rolled in the distance. She sighed. 'That's not good.' She thought to herself.

Ren stepped out of the small airport while clutching the handle of her roller bag. The skies were clear and blue when the plane landed, but as soon as she stepped outside, water bucketed down from the sky. Ren took in a deep breath of the ocean and wet concrete. 'Beautiful.' She thought to herself.

"Ren!" She heard Yaoyorozu call out to her. She ran over the wet cement, clutching onto a bright yellow raincoat. "Hey!" She smiled as she got closer.

"Yaomomo!" Ren called back to her excitedly. She helped Yaoyorozu get undercover and they exchanged happy greetings.

"I'm sorry, it wasn't raining when I left but I can create a raincoat for you too." Yaoyurozo pulled her sleeve back and glittery light appeared from her forearm.

"No, it's okay." Ren placed her hand over her arm. "The rains good for me." She smiled softly. They walked through the pouring rain back to the house. They could barely talk from the sound of the drops hitting the roofs and streets aggressively.

"This is the one!" Yaoyorozu called out as the came to a large old wooden home with tropical plants growing wildly in the garden. They stepped up to the front door and shook themselves off. Yaoyorozo took off her raincoat and shook it a few times. "Ugh, I still got wet." She grumbled.

"Here." Ren placed her hand on her shoulder and all of the water that sat on Yaoyorozu's skin began to draw away from her.

"Wow!" Momo's eyes widened as she watched Ren work. "That will never cease to amaze me!" Ren chuckled while Yaoyorozu opened the door. "We're back!" She called out.

Ren could hear footsteps and voices echo through the house as people rushed to the front door. She drew all of the water out of her hair, clothing and skin, and tossed it away. Ren rolled her bag inside as Momo closed the door.

"Ren! You're back!" Sero exclaimed as he arrived first to the door. A few of the class members had returned in the time Yaoyorozu had gone to collect her.

"Welcome back Ch-" Iida paused. He always used her last name but now he wasn't sure what to call her. "Welcome to Okinawa." He corrected himself with an awkward smile.

"Thanks Rep." Ren smirked.

"REEEEN!" Uraraka exclaimed as she bolted towards her. "R-R-Ren!" She stuttered as tears collapsed from her eyes. "I'm so sorrrrryyy!" She held her hands up to her eyes and howled.