Twenty-Five - Endeavour Agency Interview

And are you sexually active?
I'm sorry. Could you repeat that?

*

To say Ren was nervous was an understatement. She was nauseatingly, leg-shakingly, head-spinning, absolutely shitting herself. Her date the day before with Bakugo had gone swimmingly until they'd run into his weird pervy friend, after that Bakugo had gone quiet aside from demanding it was time to go home. His quiet attitude had continued all the way until they got back to the dorms, and by then Ren just wanted to curl up on the couch and hang out with her friends. They'd had the chance to talk and learn so much about each other that day but his flighty mood had annoyed her intensely. She didn't even bother saying goodnight to him before she went to bed she was so annoyed.

So her irritation at her not-really-but-kinda-boyfriend mixed with her immense anxiety was practically hammering her into her train seat as she journeyed to the wealthy business sector of Tokyo. The Endeavour Agency took up an entire skyscraper. The ultramodern exterior contrasted to its luxury and traditional interior, both flashing his wealth and success. She was greeted in the magnificently marbled foyer by one of the agencies many, many administrative officers, who took Ren to elevator and zoomed up about halfway up the skyscraper.

The dark panelled elevator doors slid open to a very stark, highly modern and bright white reception area to what looked like was the medical unit of the agency. As per her letter, Ren was requested to be seen by one of their on-call doctors to examine her general health, as well as any of the lasting effects that may have been popping up from her father's experiments. She didn't really mind, the doctors here had treated her when she'd returned to Japan, they were all kind and brilliant at what they did.

Her wordless escort hastened to the left of the reception, directing Ren towards what she remembered being the consultation rooms. She flicked a security pass over a blue screened touch pad and as if by magic, a panel of the wall pushed out and slid to the side, revealing a large and minimal doctor's room. The floors were a light polished concreted with perfectly clean and painted white walls. An examining table sat on the far end of the room with a glass desk in the centre, a chair on either side.

The wordless girl said the first thing to Ren since she briefly greeted her upon her arrival. "Our records show that you worked with Dr Yuuko, correct?" Ren nodded with a little 'Hn'. "Please take a seat, she will be with you shortly." She gracefully gestured into the room and Ren stepped in cautiously.

The wall panel slid back into place as soon as Ren's butt hit the chair. She placed her small bag on the ground next to her and rocked her knees up and down while she waited. The last time she'd seen this room, Dr Yuuko had cleared her to go to UA just days before the school term began. She'd recovered from broken ribs, internal bleeding, concussion, a dislocated shoulder and a fractured ankle, not to mention the numerous cuts and bruises that speckled her skin.

Ren stared at her hand as memories of months ago came flooding back into her mind. Occasionally, when she dreamt, she'd get flashes of her treatment here at the clinic but most of the early days were either a blur or a complete blackout. After a few moments had passed, the panel popped out of the wall again and in stepped two women, one Ren knew as Doctor Yuuko, and the other was a new face. Ren bolted up from her seat, greeting Yuuko with a soft bow as she set her tablet down on the glass table.

"Good to see you again, Chinami. Please, sit." Yuuko gestured her delicate hand over to Ren's seat while she got comfortable in her own.

"And you, Dr Yuuko." Ren nodded as she seated herself again, fixing up her pants just so her hands had something to do. She glanced up at the other woman who had entered the room, the look on her face asking questions for her.