Twenty-Nine - Dresses

a/n: hey guys sorry this took so long I was rly struggling with this because it's pure damn fluff but the next chapter will be more interesting and important. Hope everyone has had a lovely holiday season! Happy New Year to those who celebrate it on the 31st to 1st <3

*

We're just friends!

*

Ren almost dropped her collection of glass beakers as she carried them from the lab table back to the storeroom. The high-pitched squeal she heard coming from the hallway that had startled her came crashing towards her, accompanied by its source; an overjoyed Ochaco Uraraka.

She foresaw her bubbly friend crash-tackling her into her tray of glass and so to prevent injury to either of them, she dashed for the closest surface. "WAIT WAIT WAIT!" She cried to Uraraka as her outstretched arms were about to reach her. She'd just gotten the tray on a nearby table when she felt Uraraka's death grip engulf her torso. She stood, unbalanced, for a few moments while Uraraka continued to squeal and hug her all the while bouncing up and down.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!" Uraraka managed to get out between her screeching.

"Can you settle down and tell me what's gotten you so excited, please?" Ren patted her brunette head and leant back to hint that her friend needed to let her go so she could breathe.

"HE ASKED ME! HE ACTUALLY ASKED ME!" Uraraka peeled herself off of Ren and bounced up and down in front of her.

"Who asked you what?" Ren asked but she knew the answer already, she just wanted her friend to be excited in the moment. Between classes that morning, Midoriya had awkwardly approached her and asked for advice regarding Uraraka. He wanted to know if Ren thought she'd be interested if he asked her to be his date to the Christmas Dance, to which Ren responded; uh, duh. She told him the perfect time to ask would be after school when everyone was on their respective cleanup duties as Uraraka was on desk dusting duty that afternoon and would be alone.

"MIDORIYA ASKED ME TO THE SCHOOL DANCE I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HE WAS SHAKING LIKE A LEAF BUT IT WAS SO CUTE AND OF COURSE I SAID YES BUT I HADN'T REALLY THOUGHT ABOUT THE DANCE UNTIL NOW ANDOHMYGODWEHAVETOGODRESSSHOPPING!" She blurted out to Ren without stopping for a second to breathe.

"Okay, okay, take a deep breath." She patted her shoulder and drew in a sarcastically loud breath to get Uraraka to calm herself.

"I know I'm just SO EXCITED!" She began to bounce again but Ren placed her other hand on her shoulder to stop her.

"So you wanna go dress shopping?" She asked as she picked up the tray of beakers again now that it was safe.

"Yes!" Uraraka clenched her fists and pumped them in front of her. "We gotta get all the girls together."

"I think that'd be pretty fun, this weekend?" Ren asked as she stepped into the storeroom and began returning the beakers to their respective spots.

"Already sent the text!" Uraraka chimed from the lab. "I wonder if anyone else has been asked or asked... Has Bakugo asked you yet?"

Ren almost dropped the tray she'd tried to hard to protect when Uraraka asked her that question. "No." She said irritably. "I don't think he's literally thought about it."

"Why don't you ask him?" Uraraka joined her in the storeroom and began helping her to unload the beakers.

"You know what he's like; he'll go off about how I obviously think he's too weak to ask me himself so I had to do it for him and then we'll end up just having a fight about that when it's exactly what happened." Ren rolled her eyes. "I dunno..." She sighed and placed the last beaker on its shelf. "Ever since Momo mentioned Todoroki wanted to ask me I've felt kinda weird about the dance... I don't want to make anyone upset or uncomfortable."