Twenty-Six - Burns

You think you can do something about it? You have too much training to do before you can even think of challenging me.

*

"I can do this, yeah, I can totally do this." Ren muttered to herself and partially to Todoroki as they stood in front of the Endeavour Agency on their first offical day as sidekicks. Well, Todoroki as a sidekick, Ren as a quirk trainee and depending on her progress, maybe a sidekick. Todoroki took a step forwards. "Wait, actually nope, can't do it." She turned on her heel and hastened away from the building.

Todoroki grabbed the handle on her backpack and pulled her back to the front steps. "Don't be a baby." He mumbled to her. "If I can do it, you can do it too." Ren kicked her legs against the concrete as Todoroki dragged her back. "What're you even worried about?"

His question made her stop struggling and she just slumped and let him drag her back into the building. He bumped her once they were inside as if saying; you can take it from here. "I'm worried that I won't be good." She said as she clenched her bag straps tightly. They headed for the elevators, Todoroki pressing the 14 for Ren's training floor and 26 for his sidekick HQ floor.

"Of course you'll be good. It's you."

"Flames are the complete opposite to the quirk I was born with naturally, a power and technique that comes so naturally to me..." Her head hung low as she explained.

Todoroki sniggered lightly. "You're overthinking it. If there's one piece of advice I can give you as a fire user; stop overthinking it." The doors opened to her floor and she stepped out tentatively. "I'll see you tonight."

"Yeah," She turned back to Todoroki and forced a smile. "I'll see you then."

The entire floor was set up with various training rooms. Similar to how UA simulated real-life situations by having them train on terrain or in urban environments, there were some rooms that looked like different natural environments and others with varying degrees of collapsed urban environments. There were ordinary gymnasium rooms as well containing weights, punching bags and cardio machines. The biggest room of all was to be Ren's frequented spot while she was training, a large room with flame retardant walls, floors and ceiling, as well as a large pool on the side for extinguishment.

The change rooms were right next to the elevator and awaiting Ren in her allocated locker was a new training uniform. The skin tight one piece was made from the same fire-resistant fabric that Todoroki and Endeavour's hero costumes were made of, the sleeves hit at her wrists and the pants sat a little lower than her ankles. It was deep, deep navy with white outlines along the arms and legs. A simple pair of comfortable sneakers matched the uniform and some fingerless gloves that blended seamlessly into the sleeves. Ren pulled her long curls back into a ponytail and stared at herself in the small mirror of her locker.

'I'm not training for him anymore, I'm training for me, for my future.' She thought to herself. She clenched her fists together, a small and barely visible spark zapping over both of her fists.

*

"First, I want to see what your capabilities are with your four quirks." Endeavour said to her as their training session began. It was unusual for Ren to see him without his flames dancing about his body.

Ren stepped over to the pool of water and slammed her palm onto the surface. The water immediately erupted out of the pool, soaring through the room, dancing about in intricate and looping patterns until she twisted her hand slightly, forcing the water to return back to its still state in the pool.