Thirty-Seven - While They Dance

So, what're you doin' over here all by your lonesome? You're too pretty to be a wallflower.

*

By some miracle or unknown force of nature, Ren's car made it back to the UA parking lot before the engine completely shut down. The car seemed to half collapse on its own suspension and sink low like a deflated bouncy castle.

"You park like shit." Bakugo mumbled when she'd half pulled into a spot.

"The engine's stopped, asshole." She muttered back. "Add it to my list of things I'm gonna regret helping you for later."

The three of the hoped out, the doors squeaking and scraping as they opened and closed them and for the first time Ren actually took a moment to observe the damage. The car looked just about as bad as her dress did; peppered with holes, scrapes and pieces missing. Night had fallen and they could hear the bass of the music playing from the school gym in the cold night air. There was a light layer of snow covering the trees and paths, illuminated softly by the lamps and lights.

"Can't believe I totalled my phone." Midoriya mumbled as he looked it over again. It had been in his jacket pocket, destroyed along with the garment.

"You better get to the gym fast, Midoriya." Ren said to him. "Ochaco's probably been freaking out that she can't get hold of you. I'm gonna see if I've got something else to wear... I'll see you guys later." She waved them off before she made a dash for the dorms, leaving a trail of hastened footprints in the snow.

Midoriya and Bakugo headed in the direction of the gym, all the while both awkwardly trying to fix their appearance. Bakugo looked completely fine aside from his hair returning to its usual messy and uncontrollable state. He ran his hands through his hair repetitively so it would smooth back down but every time he did it would just puff back into place like his hair was as defiant to instruction as he was.

Midoriya retightened his slightly tattered tie and tried to mould the broken pieces of jacket back into place, only to have them flop back out or fall off. He thought maybe at this point he'd be better off having no jacket, and pulled his tattered used-to-be-a-jacket from his shoulders. Sadly, his shirt wasn't in any better condition.

"Ren was right, why'd I have to pick today of all days to be a hero?" He mumbled sadly. "Uraraka's going to hate me for this, I'm already late..."

Bakugo stared at him, an irritated furrowed brow etched onto his face. Why's he gotta look so fucking pitiful?!

"Dammit, Deku!" Bakugo barked at him before he pulled his own jacket off. "You're lucky you copy me so much!" He thrust the jacket against Midoriya's chest.

"B-But Kacchan-!"

"Shut it. Just take the damn thing!" He muttered as he loosened his tie. "I fucking hate these things anyway."

Midoriya smiled softly and nodded once before he slipped into the garment. Bakugo's jacket was a little ill fitting but it worked well enough to cover the mess that was his shirt. Bakugo thrust the tie into his grasp next and helped him retighten it once it was around his neck.

"T-that's- too tight- Kacchan!" Midoriya croaked as he felt his windpipe begin to collapse on itself.

"Oops." Bakugo muttered sarcastically before he straightened Midoriya's jacket and brushed out the shoulders. "You can't even tell you spent your afternoon balancing on the roof of a moving vehicle."

"Thanks, Kacchan." Midoriya gave him another soft smile and little nod.

"Whatever." He mumbled back before he unbuttoned his top two buttons and rolled up his sleeves.