Twenty-Seven - School Festival 🍋(ish)

I told you, it's cause I think you're beautiful.

You've never actually said that before.

Really?
You are.

*

Ren's training with Endeavour continued despite the fact that her arm was still seething. It felt like it hurt more as soon as she stepped into the training room, her mind throwing her back to how he'd torched her skin and left her grovelling in pain. Her rage fuelled her ability to power up her quirk but she still couldn't ignite a single flame.

Avoiding her friends and Bakugo wasn't easy either. She didn't feel like explaining what was wrong, she didn't feel like telling anyone she hadn't made any improvement with any of her quirks, and she certainly didn't feel telling anyone about her arm. Let alone let anyone see it. Bakugo tried to catch her alone between classes or after school but every time she'd give him the slip or she'd hold her sleeve low on her arm and make up some excuse not to talk to him. It wasn't just not having sex that was pissing him off, he wanted to talk to her, spend time with her. Get some explanation as to why she was being such a pain in his ass.

After school Ren would give everyone else the slip too. She took to doing her homework alone in her room, would appear after most people had gone to bed to scrounge for leftover dinner and she'd visit the showers off-peak to insure no one could see her arm. Her wounds were definitely getting better and like Dr Yuuko said, they probably weren't going to scar. But still every night she fell asleep while silently sobbing and clutching her aching bandaged arm. She'd always been proud of her skin, a beautiful olive tone she'd inherited from her mother and bore proudly in honour of her. Now it was burned and sore and a reminder of her pathetic limit and inability to produce a single flame. It made her feel like everything she'd been through, her mother, her siblings, it was all for nothing.

Thus, life continued as such until it was the last week leading up to the School Festival and dumbass Class 2A still hadn't decided on what to do. Every meeting about it had ended in a bickering match between 20 different people that Aizawa would eventually have to break up and send them home with extra "friendship homework". The class had told Ren about the success of their amazing concert disco from the year before and this year was all about topping that experience for the rest of the school. Yet, doing another concert was out of the question for half of the class while the other half thought it had been a winning formula.

Ren had never participated in a school festival before so as she repeatedly told them when anyone asked; she was happy with whatever they chose, as long as they chose something, anything, soon. She slumped on her desk and sighed heavily just as Jiro was about to lose her mind at Kaminari.

"-I TOLD YOU LAST TIME, I DON'T WANNA WRITE A SONG IN LESS THAN A WEEK AND PERFORM FOR EVERYONE, AGAIN!"

"But we had so much fun, you said so yourself!" The electric boy pleaded with her. "Plus you look rockin' up there!"

She shrunk into her shoulders and hid beneath her hair. "My final answer is no and without me you got no music."

"Ugh, GUYS!" Ren finally snapped and slammed her hands on the table. "It's next week. Can we just make a decision already?"

"No offence Ren but it's not like you've been participating in the discussion." Hagakure mumbled to her.

Ren rolled her eyes. "Okay fine... Let's..." She glanced around at the all 19 of the faces peering at her intently. The only person not staring was Bakugo, who was trying a little too hard to look literally anywhere except at Ren. "Let's have a surfing booth." She suggested with a little shrug.