Thirty-Nine - A Bakugo Family Christmas

Granny B will be there.

Lead with that next time.

*

"I knew it, I freaking knew it! Didn't I know it, Toru?"

"You knew it, Mina."

"I knew Katsuki Bakugo liked you!" Ashido pointed at Ren triumphantly as she practically stood on the coffee table by how far she was leaning over it. "And I told you and you played it off like it was nothing but you totally liked him too and you knew he liked you!" She continued her deductions, eyeing Ren suspiciously for any twitches in her face that could be a dead giveaway.

Ren took a sip of her coffee and simply quirked a brow at her pink friend. "What makes you think that?"

"You guys totally danced together last night!" Ashido exclaimed. "And that's why you were so moody, cause you were waiting for him to ask you! And I bet the last few weeks of you guys hatin' on each other has just been misdirected passion! Damn you look so freaking cute together!" She clenched her fists together and banged them on the table a few times.

Ren glanced around at her group of friends from behind her coffee cup as she took another sip. They'd gathered late that morning for one last catch up and quick debrief before their short winter break that would see them all jetting off to their respective homes.

"By that logic, does that mean we can assume you're into Kirishima?" Ren asked slyly as she gently placed her cup back on the table. "He's the only person you said yes to for a dance, right?"

Ashido's already pink cheeks glowed a deeper shade and she stammered as she tried to form sensical words. "Well, I, you see- That's neither here nor there!"

"Gotta take it if you dish it out, Mina!" Hagakure chimed as they assumed she poked Ashido's cheek. Her pink skin dimpled near Hagakure's floating sleeve and her irritated expression seemed to confirm the assumption.

"Like you can talk! You were practically falling over Ojiro last night!" Ashido snapped at her and Hagakure's invisible hand retracted immediately. The two of them instantly fell into a petty bickering match, drawing the attention of their whole group as Yaoyorozu and Uraraka tried to break it up.

"Now, now, girls, there's no need to fight." Yaoyorozu tugged at Ashido's shoulder gently while Jiro chuckled at the ridiculous display.

"What about you, Tsu?" Ren asked her as they watched on from their sofa. "You dance with a cute boy that you like?" She asked sarcastically.

"Nah." Tsu replied plainly as she looked at Ren. "I don't really like boys."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Cool."

"Thanks."

"Whatever!" Ashido finally exclaimed, folding her arms and turning her nose away from Hagakure, making Ren and Tsu turn their attention back to their group of friends.

"Whatever yourself." Hagakure mirrored her position.

"This is so stupid." Jiro mumbled as she rubbed her temples.

"Damn. I gotta get moving." Uraraka muttered as she checked the time on her phone. "Ren, I think I left my blue fluffy socks in your room." She turned to her and gave her a hinting nod.