Forty-Two - Intentions

Like, no matter what you have to do, I'm by your side.

D-don't- Don't hold yourself to that.

*

Tomura Shigaraki smiled to himself in the early hours of that morning as he made his way down the dilapidated hallway that led to his destination. A few things were going his way that day; he had many pieces at play in on his board, all moving in their own time and direction but to his wants and his needs. Some of his plans involved others, some of his plans he needed help with, and some of them were entirely within his grasp and control.

And this was one of those occasions.

Everything he did and prepared was for his benefit, and he couldn't wait to reap his reward. He knew exactly how the next few moments would transpire, beat by beat, how he would act and react, and what outcome would come from his performance. He played all possible scenarios in his head and in each of them he came out the winner, but he certainly had a preference for how he would like the events of the day to transpire.

Compliance on The Doctor's end was his least favourite way for the day to turn out. He wanted some action, some drama, he wanted to play his way. As he came closer to the lab, he kicked at a pile of disposed bottles and beakers, making one of them roll and echo along the dusty concrete ground.

Sana Arakawa too had a plan.

He knew that at any moment the leader of the league he'd been hired to tinker with serums for would enter his dingy laboratory, demanding samples of the finished product. If he had wanted to recreate the serum the League had busted him out of jail for, he would have finished it by now.

But of course that's not what he wanted from them.

Sana lined up a series of syringes filled with a cloudy white liquid along his tidy bench, straightening them so they were perfectly distanced from one another on the creaky table.

"Hand me that vile there, Tobi." He said to his son, who'd been helping him a little more each day in the last few weeks. "It'll be amongst some papers."

"Sure." Tobi felt around on another bench for the very small vile holding a dark purple, almost black, liquid. "What's in this one?" He asked as he passed it to his father.

"That's my business, my boy." Sana muttered as he tucked it into the inside pocket of his lab coat.

"If it's so secretive, why'd you have it just layin' about?" Tobi asked as he leant back against a piece of equipment.

"I've found that hiding in plain sight has always been the best way." He glanced at the equipment Tobi was leant against, his leg almost brushing a button. "Don't press that, the liquid in there'll melt the skin off of your back."

Tobi slipped off of the equipment instantly, chuckling uneasily to himself as he crossed his arms. "What do you think they'll do to us after we give them this?"

"They won't do anything. We'll be gone." Sana said sternly as he slid a creaky metal stool up to his bench.

"You think they'll let us go?" His son asked as he walked his fingers along the bench behind the syringes. "Won't they want more?"

"You think this is the real thing?" Sana quirked a brow at Tobi.

"You mean-?"

"Don't you think that after all I've been through, all I've managed to slip past. You think I couldn't get out of that prison if I wanted to?" He folded his hands together, resting his elbows on the bench and his chin on his folded hands. "No, no, my boy, I needed this bastards. I needed their access, their equipment, their supplies."