XLIX

"So you're skipping school?" Alexa asked and I nodded. "Yeah," I said. "We both need to free our minds." I said and she nodded. "Alright, where are you going?" She asked.

"City park," I said and she frowned. "That's a really busy place." She said and I shook my head. "There's one place where no one goes, so..."

"Is that where you and Joey used to go?" She asked and I shook my head. "No, Jacob took me there when we were younger." I said and she nodded. The door of the bedroom opened, Isaac coming out without a shirt and a towel in his hand, his wet hair press ed to his forehead. "Morning." He said, pressing his lips together into a line. "Morning." Alexa said, putting away her books. "Chris!" She shouted. "You ready?"

"Coming!" He shouted back from upstairs. "Are we gonna get something to eat on the way?" Isaac asked. I nodded. "Sure."

Chris made his way downstairs, backpack swung over his shoulder. "Let's go," He said, kissing Alexa on her lips. "Just close the door when you leave, it locks itself." He said to us and I nodded. "Okay, have fun." He said, taking Alexa's hand.

Isaac turned to me. "What are we getting?" He asked and I shrugged. "No idea." I said and he ran a hair trough his still wet hair. "I know a bakery, they have really good croissants." He said and I nodded. "Is good for me." I said, leaning onto the counter. "Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded. "Yeah, just thinking."

"Not about Louis, are you?" He asked and I met his eyes. "No," I said and he cocked his head to the side. "About what?" He asked and I sighed. "My Mom, I haven't heard from her in months, not since-"

"She called your Dad the f-slur," He finished for me and I leaned onto my elbows, sighing again. "Yeah," I said. "Do you wanna talk to her?" He asked and I shrugged. "I don't know," I said. "I do cause she's my Mom, but the way she behaves pisses me off." I said and he placed his hand on my shoulders. "Call her." He said and I cocked my head back, looking up at him as he stood behind me. "You think I should?" He nodded. "Yeah, see what she has to say."

"I don't think she wants to be in my life." I said and he took a deep breath. "You'll find out when you call her." He said and kissed me softly. "I know, I know," I said. "I'll think about it."

"I'm gonna go get our stuff and then we'll get going." He said, kissing me again. "Okay," I said, nodding.

After we put everything in his car we drove to a place we could get breakfast. The sun was shining since it was the first day of spring tomorrow. I was now driving cause Isaac had no clue where we were going. He was nodding his head to the song on the radio, it was honey, honey by Abba. (Play the song in the banner!) I put the volume higher which made him look at me, confused. "What?" I asked, eyes still on the road. "Why did you do that?" He asked. "You were enjoying yourself." I said and he grinned. "Come on," I said. "You can sing along."

"I 'd heard about you before
I wanted to know some more
And now I know what they mean,
you're a love machine
Oh, you make me dizzy"

I nodded my head and he shook his head, but he still smiled. I started to sing along, smiling and dancing in my seat which made him laugh. He bit his lip, making me open the window. He widened his eyes, shaking his head. "What are you doing?" He asked and I nodded towards the window. "Scream it out."

"The way that you kiss good night,
The way that you hold me tight.
I feel like I wanna sing when you do your thing."

He started singing the next part as loud as he could, leaning out of the window, wind in his hair.

"I don't wanna hurt you baby,
I don't wanna see you cry.
So stay on the ground, girl,
you better not get too high"