LII

"Is he still sleeping?" Chris asked as I plopped down on the couch, still in Isaac's shirt. "Yeah, he is." I said, running a hand trough my hair. "Is he okay?"

"Yeah," I said and he nodded. "Cool."

"So," I said, looking at him. "What did I miss at school?"

"Nothing much, same thing as always, some boring subjects and people annoying me." He said and I grinned. "Missed me, did ya?"

He nodded. "Yes, I did."

"How was talking with Alexa's Dad yesterday?" I asked and he sighed. "He hates my guts." He said and I patted his shoulder. "He always has."

"Oh, thanks, that helped." He said, shoulders slumping. "Hey, he'll get over it," I said. "Why don't you make dinner for him or take him out to have lunch with you and Alexa, that might help."

"Did Isaac do that?"

"Yeah, but my Dad loves everyone, so-"

"Okay, not helping."

"Sorry," I said and he shook his head. "I just don't think he'll ever like me." He said and I pursed my lips. "What if you just had a good talk with him? Take him out to a football game?"

"Willow-"

"No, no, I'm serious, put some effort into it, Alexa's Dad loves football." I said and he nodded. "I know."

"So get him tickets." I said. "There's a game this weekend."

"But like, only us two?"

"No, take Isaac as well, he might be able to help." I said and Chris raised his eyebrows. "Isaac?"

"Yes, he's great with... Dads." I said and Chris laughed. "Okay, but how do I get tickets?" He asked and I shrugged. "Look it up?"

"Okay, thanks." He said and got out his phone. Dad walked into the living room. "Hey, Chris, staying over for dinner?" He asked and Chris looked up at him. "It's mac and cheese night."

"Oh definitely." Chris said, earning a grin from my Dad. "Did you ask Isaac about the wedding yet?" He looked at me as he asked that question. "Yeah, he wants to come."

"Cool," Dad said. "He's still sleeping?"

Just then Isaac walked into the room, rubbing his eyes. "Oh, never mind." Dad said. "Sleep well?"

"Yeah, I did, thanks." Isaac said, giving my Dad as sleepy smile. "I'll call you when dinner's ready."

Isaac plopped down on the couch next to me, leaning his head onto my shoulder, eyes closed. "Didn't you just sleep?" I asked and he hummed. "Well, I did, but then I couldn't anymore cause you were gone."

I ran my hand trough his messy hair. "Wanna go back?"

He shook his head slowly. "No, thanks." He said and opened his eyes to look at me. "Are you coming to my apartment tonight?"

I frowned. "I thought you were staying over?"

"I have to feed Sam."

"I told Manny to do that." I said and he raised his eyebrows. "Oh, okay."

"I found three tickets!" Chris exclaimed. "For?" Isaac asked. "Georgia Bulldogs."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you know them?"

"No." Isaac said and Chris chuckled. "Oh, but you're coming with me."

"I am?"

"We're trying to get Alexa's Dad to like me and you seem to pretty good with Dad's." Chris said and Isaac looked at me. "You tricked me into this, huh?"