prologue: party

"Chris is here!" My Dad shouted as I put on my heels. "Coming!"

Christopher Moore, better known as Chris, has been my best friend since kindergarten. Though my Mom always thought we were gonna end up together, we never got romantically involved. He had been dating Olivia Miller for over two years, so it's not like we actually ever thought about it. Plus, Alexa Young, my other best friend, developed feelings for him in middle school and I decided that I would never ruin her happiness.

Why would I wanna date an ass like Chris?

I walked down the stairs and my Dad looked at me. "Too much cleavage."

I rolled my eyes. "What? You know how the boys your age work." He said and I gave him a glare. "Well, they could try and keep it in their pants, instead."

He nodded. "Yeah, you're right, it's just a Dad-thing."

"Okay, I'm going now." I said and he opened the door for me. "Get home at two, the least."

I kissed his cheek. "Promise, bye Dad."

I walked to Chris's car and got in. "When did you get boobs?" He asked, not bothering to meet my eyes.

"Oh, shove off." I said. "I've always had boobs, you know that."

"What are they now? Double D?" He asked as we drove off. "How'd you guess?" I asked, laughing.

"I have my experiences." He said and I looked at him. "No, you have one."

"Okay, it was a wild guess." He laughed. "But seriously, your boobs have grown a lot in a year."

"Birth control does that." I said, sighing. "At least you don't get those period cramps anymore." He said.

"True." I said and he grinned. "And, you can't get pregnant when you hook up with random guys."

I softly shoved him, not wanting to distract him from the road. "Nothing wrong with that, love the confidence." He said and I smiled. "Thanks."

"As long as you don't get STD's." He muttered.

I decided to ignore him and not get into the conversation any more. "You know, I'm pretty sure you've taken guys' their virginity without you knowing."

"Don't make me think about it." I said.

"Holy fuck, it just hit me, you took Joey Tegan's virginity." He yelped and abruptly stopped. "Chris!" I said, smacking his arm. "Start driving and yeah I did, like you haven't known for six months."

He started driving again and he laughed. "He's head of the team, just saying."

"Okay?"

"Everyone thought he wasn't a virgin anymore." He said and I scoffed. "Stereotypical."

"High school, am I right?" He said, parking his car in the side of the street. "Whose house is this?"

"Olivia's Uncle." He said. "He's out of town and her cousin decided to throw a party."

"Oh, hope he's nice."

"He's twenty."

"So?"

"Yeah, you like older guys, we know."

"Don't blame me for being into Orlando Bloom." I said and he rolled his eyes. "He's forty or something. He could be your Dad."

"But he's not." I said and he groaned. "You're so fucking annoying."

We got out of the car and walked inside the house. "Christopher!" Alexa said, using his full name cause she liked teasing him about it.

"Alexa!" He said as they shared a long-lasting hug. "Willow!"