IX

I woke up at eleven and pushed the covers off of me. I pulled on sweatpants and a hoodie before heading to the bathroom and freshen up.

After I was done washing my face I redid my bun and then walked to the stairs, passing the guest room on my way. I pursed my lips and softly knocked on the door.

I could hear Isaac shuffle towards the door and he poked his head out as he opened the door. "Oh, hey."

"Wanna come down for breakfast?" I asked and he nodded. "Yeah, let me just put on a shirt, I'll be down in a second."

I gave him a small smile and then made my way downstairs. "Good morning." My Dad said as he put eggs onto a plate. "Did you sleep well?"

I nodded and grabbed myself some eggs and bacon. "Great."

"Is Isaac up yet?"

"Yeah, he's coming down in a second." I said as I took place at the table. "Where's Jacob?" I asked as I picked up my fork. "Out for a run with Sam."

"Already?"

"They left five minutes ago." He said as he sat put a glass of fresh orange juice in front of me. "Do you reckon Isaac likes juice?"

I shrugged. "Probably."

Just then Isaac entered the kitchen, to my disappointment he was wearing a shirt. "Morning, sir." He said to my Dad and my Dad handed him a plate. "Morning."

Isaac took place in front of me and started eating as well. "So, what did you guys do yesterday?" My Dad asked as he put another glass of orange juice in front of Isaac.

"We ate taco's." I muttered, not wanting to waste any energy this morning. "And watched a random movie." Isaac added.

"Hun, do you mind going to the grocery story today?" He asked me and I looked at him. "What?"

"Yeah, I wanna barbecue." He said. "And I don't have the things I need."

"Why me?"

"I'll come along," Isaac said. "I can head back home after."

"You could stay!" My Dad squealed and I cocked an eyebrow. "Sorry," He said clearing his throat. "But he should."

Isaac shook his head. "Thanks for offering, but I can imagine that you wanna spend some time with your family-"

"Nonsense." My Dad said. "You look like a nice guy!"

"Dad, don't overdo it." I said and my Dad sighed. "Okay, okay." He said and put his hands up in defence. "Another time?"

Isaac nodded and I gave him a thankful look. "Go whenever you want." Dad said and I nodded as I grabbed the glass of orange juice.

My Dad left the kitchen and I let out a sigh. "I'm really sorry about him, he always wants to get to know my fr-"

"Hey, it's okay, I appreciate his offer." He said, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips. "You're the first one to impress my Dad like that." I said and his smile turned into a smirk. "Really?"

I nodded. "He hated Carter with his guts and Joey tried for months until he accepted him."

"Oh," Isaac said. "Well, I'm not really your... boyfriend, so..."

"I know, I know," I said and my cheeks flushed. "I just mean that-"

"First!" Jacob shouted as he burst into the kitchen. "I beat your ass."

"Unfair, you go for a jog everyday." Sam whined and Jacob looked at me and Isaac. "Morning, lovebirds."

Isaac choked in his bacon and I gaped at my brother. "So, how long have y'all been dating?"