XXIV

"Good job guys," Manny said, giving us a thumbs up. "You're sure you're not starting your own boxing career, Willow?" He asked and Isaac gave him a glare.

"Bro, I'm joking, I mean, only if she wants to." Manny said, putting his hands up in defence. "No, thank you." I said, giving Isaac a confused stare. "Let's go change and grab some food, shall we?" He asked, breaking eye contact. "Sure, thanks Manny." I said, picking up my towel and water bottle. "See you around." He said.

Isaac and I started walking to the locker room. I opened the door and changed into my other clothes as fast as possible after showering. I walked out of the locker room, bag over my shoulder, bumping into someone. "Shit, sorry." A manly voice sounded, hands keeping me steady by my elbows. "It's nothing." I said, looking up, green eyes staring down at me. "You're okay, right?" It was the guy who greeted me earlier, why the fuck does he look so familiar?

I nodded and the guy let go of me. "You?" I asked and he grinned. "I mean, it's not every day you bump into a pretty girl."

I scoffed. "I'm sorry, shouldn't have said that." He apologised. "I should probably leave you alone now, before you boxer of a boyfriend beats me up or something." He said and I turned my head, seeing Isaac look at us with a frown. "Oh, he's not- never mind," I said. "But, yeah, probably."

"Nice bumping into you." He said and I gave him a small smile before walking over to Isaac. "Let's go," I said and he pushed back his wet hair. We made our way out of the gym, to his car. "Where do you wanna eat?"

"Let's go eat at that diner again, with the burgers." I said and he nodded. "Sure." He said, unlocking his car and opening his trunk. "Everything alright?" I asked as I handed him my bag. "Yeah," He said. "Just tired."

"We can skip eating out if you want and just order something at my place, my Dad's not home, neither is my sister." I said and he looked at me. "You wouldn't mind?" He asked, closing the trunk. "No, 'course not." I said and he nodded. "Okay, then we'll do that, when's your Dad back?"

"Don't know, he's on a date again." I said and Isaac raised his eyebrows. "Oh, okay." He said as we got into his car. "Sam's having a sleep over with her friends, well, that's what she told Dad, I think she's off with Parker." I said as he started the car. "How do you know?"

"I used that trick myself a few times." I said. "With Joey?" He asked and I shook my head. "Carter," I said. "You never lied to your Mom?" I asked and he clenched his jaw at the mention of his Mom. "No, never, she hated it when people lied." He said. "Anyways, what do you wanna order?" He asked, hastily changing the subject. "Pasta?"

~>~

"Isaac stop!" I shrieked as he chased me around the kitchen. "You punched me in the face!" He shouted back, grabbing my waist and lifting me onto the counter. "By accident, I lifted my hand and it hit your face," I said as he stood in between my legs, raising his eyebrows. "Our pasta is getting cold." I said, trying to change the topic. "Apologise." He said. "It wasn't that hard!" I exclaimed. He pointed at his face. "I have bruises." He dramatically remarked, letting his hand rest next to my exposed thighs on the counter. "Sorry." I said, trying to tug down the shirt I was wearing, but he stopped my hand from moving, holding my wrists in one of his hands. "Again."

"Isaac," I whined. "I just wanna eat my pasta."

"And I just wanna hear another sorry." He said, slowly letting go off my hands. "For what?"

"The game, you walked away without kissing me." He said and I rolled my eyes. "I'm not apologising for that, jerk." I said and he pulled me closer to him by my hips. "No?" He asked, his forehead against mine. "No." I said, putting my hands in his chest, softly trying to push him away. "Okay then," He said, pulling away. "Go on, eat you pasta."