XXXVIII

"So, he only kissed you, right?" He asked and I nodded, taking the mint tea from him. "Yeah, don't worry about it." I said and he sat down next to me. "I know you can take care of yourself, but if he makes you feel uncomfortable, please tell me."

I gave him a small smile. "Alright."

"You wanna call your Dad and tell him you're staying here?" He asked as Samwise jumped onto his lap. "You already got all your stuff from my place?" I asked and he nodded. "Your Dad and Will helped me, so it didn't take long."

I got out my phone, dialing my Dad's number. "Hey," He said. "I'm guessing you're not coming home tonight?" He asked. "I'm staying with Isaac, yeah." I said and he chuckled.

"I'll be back tomorrow, after school." I said. "Good, be safe, I love you." He said. "Yeah, yeah, I love you, too, Dad." I said, ending the call with that. I petted Sam's head on Isaac's lap, scratching him behind his ear. "It's weird, normally he hates people." Isaac said.

I looked up at him and he grinned. "You know," He said, expression changing to nervous. "I know this is probably not the time to ask, but I was wondering-" He stopped mid-sentence. "Never mind."

I frowned, putting the tea on the side table and he looked away. "Isaac..." I started, cupping his chin so he had to face me. "Tell me."

"Do you wanna come watch a fight of mine?" He asked and I frowned. "Really?" I asked, letting go of his face. "Isaac..."

"I shouldn't have-"

I placed my lips on his, cutting him off. "Of course," I said and he sighed. "I know I said I didn't want you to, but I feel like having you there would help me."

"As long as I can come and clean you up after," I said. "Oh, definitely." He said, grinning.

I eyed him, which made him raise his eyebrows. "What?" He asked, a small smile playing on his lips. "Nothing," I said, leaning against the couch. Samwise now made his way onto my lap, purring. "So," He said. "Wanna watch Harry Potter?"

"Is that even a question?"

~>~

Gabe met my eyes from across the classroom, but Joey went down to sit next to me, cutting off my sight. "Morning," He said, making me look at him. "Hey," I said, turning to get out my book. "What's up?" He asked, frowning at me. "Nothing, why?" I asked and he turned around, looking at Isaac who entered the class. "What did he do now?"

Isaac gave me a big smile, walking up to me, planting a long kiss on my lips. "What was that for?" I asked and he shrugged. "Nothing in particular."

"You sure? Brazilian one is looking pissed off now." Joey said and Isaac shot a glance at Gabe. "Okay?" He asked Joey and Joey looked at me. "Oh, so that's what went down."

"Nothing went down," I said and sighed. "Just, I have to talk to him sometime today."

"Really?" Isaac asked. "What if he kisses you again?"

"He won't, I won't let him." I said, shaking my head. "Can I come with?" Isaac asked and I raised my eyebrows at him. "I think I can handle it, but thank you."

He nodded, leaning back in his chair. "Oh, also, you forgot your hoodie at my place, yesterday." He said, fishing it out of his backpack. "I think that's mine, actually," Joey said and Isaac looked at him. "What?" I asked. "No way that's yours."

Joey grabbed the hoodie from Isaac's hands, observing it. "It technically is, not that I'd still fit it, but I gave this to you on our first month anniversary." He said, looking at me. "You don't remember?"