XXIX

"No fucking way," Chris let out after I told him Gabe was the Gabe. "And he remembered you?" He asked, his face shocked. "He called her Sky," Alexa said and Chris raised his eyebrows. "No, you're shitting me, he remembers what he used to call you?"

I licked my lips. "I know," I said. "I'm an idiot for not recognising him at the gym. How could I not, you know?" I asked, taking a sip of my water. "Did you see those abs, I mean-" Cassidy didn't get to finish her sentence, she joined us at lunch today and we all really enjoyed her company.

"Hey," Carter said, nodding behind me. I turned around, facing Gabe. "Hey." He said. "Can I join?" He asked, looking around the table, his eyes landing on Isaac. "Sure thing." Chris said and Gabe took place in front of me. "I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" He asked me and I slowly shook my head. "Chris, right?" He asked Chris who nodded and started a conversation with one of his earliest friends in life.

Isaac leaned closer to me. "Wanna come over later this week?" He asked and I met his eyes, a grin on his face. "And what would you like to do then?" I asked and he shrugged. "Oh, whatever you want." He said. "Whatever I want?" I asked, tracing his jaw. "Okay, I will come over then."

"I'll make you dinner." He said. "I've got rice, curry and chicken, you in?" He asked, stopping my hand from moving against his face. "How long have you guys been dating?" Gabe's voice sounded, his eyes on Isaac and me now. "We're not." I said and Isaac's eyes went to the floor. "Oh, sorry, my bad." Gabe said, squinting his eyes. "So I'm able to take you on a date, then?"

"What?" Isaac asked him. "No, definitely not."

"But she's not your girlfriend, is she? So why can't I?" Gabe asked the blue-eyed boy. Isaac looked at me and I looked anywhere but anyone at the table.

"Oh, great," A voice sounded behind me. I jerked my head in the direction of the sound. "Joey, thank God." I said, getting up, making him frown at my relief to see him. "I- I left my charger in your room, I think so at least." He said and I let my shoulders fall, thinking he wanted to talk about something that was actually important so I could get away. "I'll give it to you when I find it or I can call my Dad to look for it?" I asked and he chuckled. "I don't think we want your Dad knowing we broke the rules." I licked my lips, biting my bottom one in the process. "Right... I'll just give it to you tomorrow then," I said and he gave me a small smile. "Thanks, again, for everything."

I sat back down as he walked away, feeling all eyes on me. "What rules?" Alexa asked. "What was he even doing at your house?"

"He was at my house for personal reasons, I can't tell you, but he just stayed for two nights and my Dad made up some rules." I said, fiddling with my necklace. "What rules?" Alexa pressed and I cleared my throat. "Not having sex under his roof," I said and Alexa's jaw dropped. "You didn't."

"You fucked Joey?" Chris asked and Gabe was raising his eyebrows. "I don't really see the problem." He said and Isaac looked at him. "He's my ex-boyfriend," I said. "Who's a dick and cheated on her, let's not forget the important parts here." Isaac said and I shot him a glare. "He did what?" Gabe asked. "I'm so sorry that happened."

I shrugged. "I'm good, don't worry, we're really done now." I said and looked at Isaac. "I promise." I said and he stuck out his pinky under the table, mine hooking around his, our eyes locked. "Okay," Alexa said, frowning at the two of us. "Did he get any better, though?"

"I'm not talking about it," I said. "How about we talk about Cassidy and Carter over here, how was your date?"

"Oh, wow, everyone seems to be dating, I see." Gabe said. "Sky and Isaac, Carter and Cassidy, Alexa and Chris." He sighed and Chris spit out his water all over Carter who shot him a glare and shook his head. "Sorry, but we're not dating." Alexa said. "I have a girlfriend."