XVIII

We walked outside, my hand in his. "This was boring, like we could've hung out at my place." Isaac said, shaking his head. "I know, see, I told you it was lame."

"Miller!"

Isaac looked behind him. "What?" He asked, his gaze landing on Joey. "Can I steal her away for a second?"

Isaac looked at me and I stood on my toes to kiss his lips softly, which took him by surprise, but made him smile. "I'll be back in a second." I whispered and he nodded, giving me a butterfly wave as he walked away.

I slowly walked up to Joey. "Spit it out." I said and he rolled his eyes. "Are we okay?" He had the audacity to ask. "What do you think yourself?" I asked and he shrugged. "Yeah?"

"That's the problem." I said, ready to walk away and take off with Isaac. "Alright, I'm sorry for Sunday and yesterday, I shouldn't have kissed you, I shouldn't have shouted at you, I shouldn't have called you a whining bitch and I shouldn't have-"

"You shouldn't have done a lot of shit, but you still did." I hissed and his eyes flared with anger. "We're going back there? The shit with Quinty?

"Going back where? How you used to call Quinty just a friend? How you used to touch me and act all innocent while sitting on my bed and looking at me like I was the only thing that mattered in your life? It was easy to forget your flaws that way." I said. "You told me we had so much to lose, which is why we couldn't break up, you pretended as if Quinty meant nothing to you while she clearly did, you could've said that."

"She means nothing to me." He hissed and I rolled my eyes. "Uhu, try and make it right, but it's not so fucking black and white as you make it seem, Joey." I hissed back. He glared at me, shaking his head. "Don't act as if you were a saint." He barked.

"I wasn't, but, does she love you like the way I did?" I asked, making him frown and his eyes turn softer. "Was the night you spent with her worth losing me? You risked it all, for what?" I asked and he wanted to open his mouth. "Save your fucking breath." I said and he took a deep breath. "It wasn't your fault, Willow."

"That doesn't make it any better." I said, scowling at him. "I really thought I knew you better, but I guess I don't know you at all."

He frowned, tears almost falling from his eyes. "Willow, don't say that."

"Look, I've been trying my best to forgive you for this shit, but you messed it up one too many times." I sighed, running a hand trough my wavy hair. "Please..." He whined, but I shook my head. "I can't feel bad this time."

He met my eyes, a tear falling onto his cheek. "I hope you're satisfied with yourself." I said, stalking off to Isaac's car.

The moment I entered I closed my eyes, keeping myself from breaking down because of Joey, again. "Hey, hey," He said, jumping out of the car to get to my side. "Come here." He said, pulling me towards him.

I put my arms around his torso. "It's alright, what did you guys talk about?" He asked, running a hand trough my hair. "The stuff it's always about, Quinty and him."

He took a deep breath. "I think I finally closed it off." I said. "Between him and I."

He pulled away to look at me, cupping my cheeks. "That's good right?"

I nodded as he wiped away the tears escaping my eyes. "Now you can finally let go of this, of him."

"I don't think I ever will."

"And that's totally fine, as long as you don't hold onto him." He said, a soft smile on his face. "Like me and Ruby, I never let go, but I'm not holding on. I have you now." He said and I looked into his eyes. "What?"