XXIII

I got all my stuff the next day at my Mom's... well, Vernon's house with my Dad. It was now Friday, I was in Chris' car, trying to explain what I saw on Tuesday morning for the hundredth time this past four days.

"But, did they look like they were fucking or was it more a friendly thing or both?" He asked, firmly grabbing the steering wheel. "I don't know, Chris," Isaac answered for me from the back of the car. "I just hope it's none of the above, I do not need my cousin hanging out with that guy." Isaac shivered, shaking his head. "But, would Olivia fall for a guy like Joey?" Alexa asked. "She fell for me once, why not him? Even Willow managed to fall for him, so why not, you know?" Chris panicked. "True," Alexa said, leaning back into her seat. "Let's remember that Liv is not Willow, like at all, no offence or something, but Willow is a lot more out-going and sometimes she's kinda rude, Olivia is the total opposite." Alexa remarked. "I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not." I said and she rolled her lips inside his mouth.

"Anyways, this is big, it means that Olivia moved on?" Isaac asked and Chris looked at him trough the rearview. "It also means, Chris, that you're not over her?"

Chris looked back at the road. "I am, just, it's still Joey we're talking about." He said. "I don't trust him, like, at all." Isaac scoffed. "Me neither."

I nodded in agreement. "So we ask them?" I proposed and Alexa raised her eyebrows at me. "Olivia, sure, I can ask her, but Joey, no way I'm getting close to that guy." She said and Chris agreed with her. "Yeah, I mean, the only person who seems to be able to talk to him is you, Willow." He said, giving me a quick glance. "Guys, what the fuck, Willow's not talking to that prick." Isaac said, shaking his head. "And why's that?" Alexa asked him causing him to glare at her. "As I said, he's a prick and I don't trust him." He said and looked at me. "You won't talk to him, right?"

"No, 'course not, we need time apart." I said, fiddling with my hands. "Don't you think when you guys are apart that after a while you'll just hook up because of the tension between the two of you?" Chris asked and Isaac snapped his head in his direction. "What?"

"No, Chris, that won't happen, I'm really done with him, have been for the past months." I said, knowing I was lying and Chris nodded. "Okay, yeah, I believe you." He said, clearly feeling uncomfortable under Isaac's stare. "You won't hook up with him, right?" Isaac asked, turning his head back to me. "What? No, I just said it won't happen." I said, eyeing the jealous expression on his face. "And if it ever did happen, I would tell you."

He nodded and Alexa looked at him. "You guys are awful, but not in a bad way."

"What?" Isaac and I asked in unison. "Doesn't matter." She shrugged as Chris parked his car. "Alright, let's get to class, we're a bit late." Chris said.

~>~

"See, they're talking again, eh." Isaac said, subtly looking at Olivia and Joey who were sitting with each other at lunch. "Why the fuck does she wanna be with him?" Chris asked, raising his eyebrows. "Would that why she broke up with me?" He asked himself more than anyone else.

Isaac looked at me, his blue eyes piercing into mine. "D'you reckon they'd ever date? Like, is Livie his type?" He asked me. I looked over at the two of them. "I have no clue, Joey doesn't really have a type, so it could be possible, yeah."

"This is all so strange." Carter said, joining the conversation. "Chris, would Olivia fall for him?"

Chris nodded. "Definitely, look at him, practically a women-magnet."

We all looked around the cafeteria and indeed, almost all the girls he laid eyes on blushed under his stare. "Why though?" Isaac asked, turning back to his food. "Big dick energy." Alexa muttered and looked at me. "Right, Willow? I mean, you fell for him once."