XXXVII

Two weeks later, after school, on the outside court

"You ready for tonight?" I asked Gabe as I said down next to him. "Tonight?" Chris asked, looking up from his phone. "She's helping me with Math." Gabe explained. "I didn't know you were smart." Chris said, searching the room for someone in particular. "Alexa is coming, don't worry." I said and he glared me. "Excuse me, I'm just looking out for my girlfriend." Chris said, sticking out his tongue. "And as I'm speaking your soon-to-be-boyfriend is on his way here."

I felt two arms sneak around my body. "Hey," I said, turning my head so I could kiss him. Gabe looked the other way, clearing his throat. Isaac ignored him, sitting down next to me. "So, I'm gonna head back to my place today, but first I'm picking up Samwise from my Dad's house." He said. "You wanna come with?"

I looked at Gabe and then back at Isaac. "Can't, I'm helping Gabe with math, I told you, right?" I asked and Isaac nodded. "Oh, yeah, of course, it just slipped my mind."

"I'll come by tonight?" I asked and he looked at me, grinning. "To do what, exactly?"

"Isaac, shut up." I said, rolling my eyes. "Oh, I remember this one time in particular, you know, you-"

"Look, it's Joey." Gabe said. "And Olivia?" Chris asked.

Joey grinned as he walked up to us, taking Olivia's hand. "Hey," I said and he smiled. "Hey," Olivia said to Chris, who gave her a small wave. "You guys a thing now?" Isaac asked, eyeing Joey with a warning expression. "Officially, yeah." Olivia said. "Hey, Chris, I heard about you and Alexa, I'm happy for you."

"Thank you," Chris said, still looking for his girlfriend. His eyes lit up, making me turn my head. He quickly got up, half-running into her arms. "Whoa there, you got half the cafeteria looking at us." She said, softly pulling away from him. "Like you mind any of it." Chris pointed out, kissing her. They both sat down again. "So what did you do this holiday?" Alexa asked Gabe. "I know I'm late with this question, but I have to know."

"I, erm- Y'all know Quinty, right?"

Isaac raised his eyebrows. "Yeah?" I asked and Gabe looked at me. "We might've... hooked up... a few times." Gabe said and I nodded. "Okay, something else?" Chris asked. "We don't like Quinty?" He asked me and I shrugged. "I mean-"

"She's the girl I cheated with on Willow, no, we don't really like her." Joey said, making me look up at him. "She's also a girl, slut-shaming other girls, she puts others down to make herself look better." He added. "There you have it."

"She does?"

"We all make mistakes, Gabe." Isaac said. "Right?"

Gabe nodded. Isaac looked at me, leaning in to kiss me again. "I have to go, Manny's meeting me for an extra training."

"Now?" I asked and he nodded. "I have a meeting with Mikaels later this week, in the hours of my normal training."

"Alright, see you tonight?" I asked and he nodded, kissing me again. "So when is he asking you to be his girlfriend?" Olivia asked, watching Isaac walk away.

"I don't think she'd know," Gabe said, zipping up his backpack. "Where are you going?" Chris asked. "I have to pick my sister up from dance-practice." He explained. "Wait, I'll come with you, we can do Math right after if you want?" I asked and he nodded. "I'll see you guys tomorrow," I said, looking at both of the couples. "Don't have too much fun, alright?"

Joey rolled his eyes, but slightly grinned at my comment. Gabe and I made our way to his car. "You really don't mind tutoring me, right?" He asked as I sat down in the passenger seat. "No, 'course not." I said. "I'm just wondering, since when are you bad at math? From what I remember you were the one tutoring me when we were younger." I pointed out and he sighed. "Well, I guess that was only an excuse to spend more time with you, I used to ask your brother questions about the subject and then explain what he explained to me, to you. Does that make sense?"