XXVII

Isaac's pov

I put the last pot on the table and sat back down in my chair, not meeting her eyes. Fact was, I didn't mind her wanting to fuck Joey, hell, she could fuck anyone she wants, I just hated the fact that he still had a sort of effect on her, it annoyed me shitless, no, it scared me shitless. I know she said it was only sexual attraction, but somehow I didn't believe a word of it.

She once told me she didn't wanna hook up with him, now that was a lie.

"This is really good, Mom." Hailey said, taking a bite of the potatoes. "It is." Willow said. "Thank you for having me," She said. "Oh, it's nothing," Dorothee said, being the sweet woman she is. "besides, I'm glad Isaac allowed us to meet you."

Willow met my eyes, frowning. "Right, Dad, how's working with Vernon going?" Louis asked, taking a huge bite out of his pork. Willow put a Brussels sprout into her mouth, chewing slowly. "A bit slower than expected, can't blame him with everything that's going on." Conan said, I mean, Dad, Willow's eyes looking anywhere but the people around the table. "What happened?" Louis asked and I shot him a glare. "His fiancée cheated on him with her assistant." Dad explained. "Poor guy, spent a lot of money on that woman."

Quinty and Hailey were both pretty uncomfortable at the words leaving his mouth. "It was your Mom, right?" Dorothee asked Willow, who almost choked on another sprout. "Sorry?" She asked after taking a sip of her water. "Carolina."

Willow cleared her throat. "Yeah, she's my Mom."

"Why would she do such a thing?" The woman asked and I raised my eyebrows. "She did it to your Dad, too, right? I mean, obviously."

"I think it's time to go." I said and Willow looked at me. "Now?" Louis asked and I nodded. "Definitely, now." I got up from my seat. "What about desert?" My Dad asked, wiping his mouth with a napkin. "Come on," I said to Willow, who put down her fork and then slowly got up. "It was very nice meeting you." She said, my hand taking hers to pull her away as fast as possible.
"This is exactly why I hate being here, judgemental assholes." I muttered, getting out my car keys. I unlocked it and we both got inside, but I didn't bother to actually start the car.

"I'm sorry for being a dick tonight." I said and she looked at me. "Me too."

I laughed and she sighed, shivering. A few minutes passed, until she decided to ask me something. "Am I really only sexual attraction? If yes, please, let me walk home." She said, closing her eyes as she rested her head against the seat. "Fuck no, I was just pissed off."

"Okay," She said. "Good."

"Will you still fuck him?" I asked and she opened her eyes again. "Maybe, we'll see."

"You don't still love him, do you?" I asked and she shook her head. "No, but there's a lot of shit that happened between us and we can't ignore that, so..." She said. "I'm just not completely done with him, some part of me still cares for him and you can't blame me for that, can you?"

"I can't." I said, sighing. "I get it."

She leaned over to kiss me. "Right now, the only person I like is you, so don't worry, no part of me is in love with that dickhead." She said, resting her forehead against mine, her hand cupping my cheek. I put my lips back on hers, moving perfectly along them. "Let's get you home before I take you in my car again." I said against her lips and she grinned. "As much as I'd like that, you're right."

I pulled away and started the car. "Your brother seems nice." She said and I nodded. "Yeah, he is, just, an ass sometimes."

"Guess it runs the family." She said, shaking her head. "I'm not an ass, I just-" I started, but she cut me off. "I was joking Isaac," She said. I like the way my name sounds coming out of her mouth. "I don't think you're an ass, I actually think you're one of the nicest men out there."