6

"Okay ladies, before our performance you'll have a few minutes to say hi to your families," said coach. "And remember it's the football team's family night too so there are a lot of people out here tonight."

"I see my parents," Dana said. "I'll be right back." i nodded as she ran off to her mom and dad.

I looked around until i found mom and Edward. I jogged over to them. "Leia," mom smiled. I hugged her. "Oh i've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too." Edward hugged me next. "Hey edward."

"Hey sweetie, we're really excited to see your performance."

Nick wrapped his arms around me from behind. "Hi miss mabel," he said.

"Hi nick," she smiled. "Did you find abuela?"

"Yeah. i just wanted to say hi before the cheerleaders performed." he kissed the side of my head. "Hi corazon," he whispered.

"Hi," i whispered back. "I gotta go but i'll see y'all in a bit."

I turned my head and pecked his lips. I ran back to the other cheerleaders. The coaches had us in a circle around them. "Alright ladies. We're doing our group performance before Leia, Dana, and Madison sing for us."

We all got into our positions. The music started playing. We did jumps followed by tumbling and stunting. At the end the families clapped for us. Dana, Madison, and i moved to the front. The music to the song "Candyman" began to play. We sang and danced to the song ending in the splits. We got back up. We got a round of applause from everyone.

Nick walked over to us handing Elena to me. He kissed my cheek. I bounced Elena in my arms. "Did you miss me?" i asked her. She smiled and giggled. A chorus of awws erupted around us as the cheerleaders swarmed around me to get a look at Elena.

Nick wrapped his arms around me holding me to him. "How is Elena always the center of attention?"

"Cause she's adorable." i smiled at her, bouncing her up and down in my arms. "Yes you are, yes you are," i said in a baby voice. Elena smiled up at me. Nick reached over pinching her cheek.

The cheerleaders walked away to go find their families. Nick and i walked over to Abuela, mom, and Edward. "Niña, you guys were amazing."

"Gracias," i said kissing her cheek.

"I want to take you guys out," said Edward. "Do you wanna bring Dana and her parents?"

"I'll go ask her." i handed Elena to Nick. i jogged over to Dana and her parents. They both gave me a hug. "Edward wants to know if you guys want to come to dinner with us."

"Thanks sweetie but we actually made reservations," said her mom.

"But i'll be back tonight," dana said.

I nodded. "I'll see y'all later then." i walked back over to them. "She's going out with her parents." Edward nodded. "I didn't bring a change of clothes so i need to go back to the apartment to change."

"I'll send you the address to the restaurant and y'all can meet us there."

"Sounds good," Nick said. He kissed Elena on the cheek before handing her to Abuela. He wrapped his arm around me. We walked over to the car. We drove to the apartment.

Just as we walked inside, Nick picked me up. I wrapped my arms and legs around him. "Nick, we don't have time for whatever you're planning," i said as we walked into the bedroom.

He pouted. "But-"

"But nothing, they're waiting for us."

I jumped down from his arms. I leaned up and pecked his lips. I picked out a long sleeve white shirt, a sparkly rose gold skirt, and grey thigh high boots. I stripped out of my uniform. "God corazon, i love how comfortable you are with me."