13

"Damn it Nick, we're late," i groaned, jumping out of bed and running to my closet. Nick rolled over onto his back. I stripped out of my pajamas. "Get up," i yelled, throwing my clothes at him. I slipped on a simple black dress and a pair of black thigh high boots.

"Relax Leia, we'll be there in time," he said sitting up.

"Nick, we are twenty minutes behind and you are still in bed."

He grabbed me by the waist before i could leave the bedroom. "Corazon, relax," he said gently rubbing my hips.

I closed my eyes and sighed. He rubbed my back up and down. "Be ready in five minutes okay?"

"Yes ma'am."

I walked out of the bedroom and downstairs to the kitchen. Dana was sitting at the stool drinking a cup of coffee. She looked comfortable in her loose white knit sweater, light pink pencil skirt, and a pair of white shoes. "Morning, i made y'all some hot chocolate."

I sat down beside her. I grabbed one of the cups of hot chocolate. "Thanks. I can't believe we're so behind."

"Relax, we'll make it."

I sipped on my hot chocolate while we waited for Nick. he walked downstairs a few minutes later dressed and holding our suitcases. He walked over to us kissing the top of my head. "She still freaking out?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"Where's Luke?" i asked, looking down at my phone. "He's supposed to be driving us to the airport."

"He spent the night at Tessa's," Dana said. "He should be here any minute."

I put my head in my hands. "We are so going to miss this flight," i groaned. Nick gently rubbed my neck and shoulders. I closed my eyes. "This isn't helping," i whined. He didn't stop though. Luke honked the car horn twenty minutes later. The three of us walked outside. "You're late," i told Luke.

"Sorry, i had to sneak out of Tessa's house." Nick put our things into the back of the car and the three of us loaded into the car. Luke drove us to the airport. We got out of the car. Luke wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back. "I'll miss you princess."

"I'm gonna miss you too."

He kissed the side of Dana's head as he hugged her. "See you soon," she said.

"Bye Dana bear." Nick and Luke hugged.

Dana and i grabbed our bags and walked inside to check in while the two of them talked. We checked our bags and waited for Nick. he walked inside a few minutes later. As we went through security, Nick got stopped and patted down. We had to run to our gate only for it to be closed. "No no no, you gotta let us on."

"I'm so sorry but once the doors close, i can't open them back up. I can search for another flight for you three." she typed into her computer. "Okay the next flight i have to kentucky with three seats is in two hours."

I groaned. Nick wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "Can you book it for us?" she nodded and typed into the computer. "Thanks."

"Okay, you're going to go to gate A14." She printed out our tickets and handed them to us.

We headed to the other end of the airport where our new gate was. The three of us sat down. "Damn it, i had a big test to take and now i'm gonna miss it." Nick rubbed my arm. I pulled out my laptop and emailed my professor hoping he'd let me make it up. Nick kissed the side of my head. "You're not helping me."

Nick sighed and removed his arm. Dana stood up. "I am going to get us some breakfast okay?" I nodded. Dana walked away as i put my head in my hands. Nick sat silently beside me. "Okay," Dana said making me raise my head up. "I have a egg bacon and cheese sandwich for you, waffles for Nick, and bagel and cream cheese for me."