44

My alarm blared from my phone. "Turn it off," Nick groaned. I reached over and turned it off. I sat up stretching my arms over my head. i smiled as Nick rolled over and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Too early, go back to bed," he mumbled into my lap.

"You can sleep, my love but i'm going to wake the girls up."

"no, cuddle with me," he whined, tightening his grip on me and snuggling his head into my lap.

I sighed. "just a few minutes okay? We're going out to brunch with the girls today, remember?"

"can't we just have breakfast in bed?"

"you're grumpy this morning, Nicky."

"You're waking up at an ungodly hour and want to leave me all alone."

I smiled, running my fingers through his hair. He sighed in content. "I have to feed the girls and then we are gonna spend some time with them before lunch. You know they aren't coming to our engagement party tonight and i don't want them to feel left out." he mumbled to himself in spanish. I smiled. "Few more minutes, okay?"

He smiled widely. "I love you."

"I love you too, you grumpy boy." he kissed my stomach. I untangled his bed head as he fell back asleep on my lap. After i knew Nick was back asleep, I moved myself from underneath him and quietly left the bedroom. I walked into the girls bedroom where Elena was already awake and standing in her crib. She rubbed her little eyes as she reached out for me. I picked her up out of her crib. "Good morning, baby."

"I want bubba," she whined as she cuddled into me.

"Bubba's asleep, do you wanna cuddle with him while I feed sissy?" She nodded. I walked her into our bedroom, setting her down next to Nick. Even in his sleep Nick reacted to her, wrapping his arm protectively around her letting her cuddle into his side.

I left the two of them alone as I went back to the girls room. I picked out their outfits and packed their bags for the night. I looked at the clock. If we were gonna go out, we'd have to do it soon. Heading back into the bedroom, I picked up my outfit, setting it at the edge of the bed. I sat down beside Nick on the bed gently running my hand through his hair. He turned his head slowly, opening up his eyes. I smiled at him. "Morning," he whispered.

"Morning." I bent down and pecked his lips. He smiled sleepily. "Do you wanna get dressed while I get the girls and I ready?"

He nodded. I reached over him to grab a sleeping Elena and stood up. Nick grabbed my waist before I could get away. "One more kiss."

I leaned down pressing my lips softly to his. "Don't go back to sleep," I whispered against his lips before pulling away.

"I won't," he said sitting up and rubbing his eyes just as Elena did when she woke up.

I bounced Elena on my hip as I walked us back into her room, grabbing my clothes as I went. I set Elena on the bed that would eventually be hers once she was big enough and grabbed reina from her crib, setting her beside Elena.

I changed the three of us into matching outfits consisting of a rose pink sweater and a pair of black jeans. I threw my hair up into a high ponytail before putting a black bow headband on both Elena and Reina. I set Elena on the ground. "Why don't you tell bubba that we're ready. Just knock first."

"BUBBA!" she screamed as she ran out of the bedroom towards Nick and i's. I picked Reina up, setting her on my hip as i followed Elena out of the room.

I walked into the bedroom. Nick had Elena in his arms and was spinning around making her squeal in delight. He stopped when he saw us. "Well don't all my girls look beautiful." He walked over to me. He leaned down kissing Reina's forehead. "I'm starving."