41

It's been four weeks since Reina was born. Reina has been the sweetest baby. She almost never cries but when she does, she stops once Nick or i pick her up and tend to whatever she needs. In just four weeks, she has become an absolute daddy's girl. Not only is she obsessed with Nick, Nick is just as obsessed with her. There are some nights when he wakes up in the middle of the night just to watch her sleep, just like he does with Elena.

His love for Elena hasn't changed. If anything, having Reina has made him love Elena even more. Elena is just as obsessed with Reina. She always gets sad when we tell her that Reina is too young to play.

As amazing as Reina is, there are some days when it's hard. Nick and i wouldn't be able to survive without my mom or our friends. Mom always makes sure there is easy accessible food for Nick and i so that when we are hungry we don't have to take a lot of time away from Reina or Elena. Ricky has taken it upon himself to do Elena's nightly routine; bathing her, reading her a bedtime story, and staying with her until she falls asleep. Luke, Tessa, and Dana take Elena out on day trips to make sure she has fun days when Nick and i are busy with Reina.

I have been healing nicely and have been able to work out more and longer. Reina slept peacefully in her bassinet while i lifted small hand weights. I had a yoga mat at my feet. One earbud was in one of my ears letting the other dangle. I did different sets of ten. I could feel the beam of sweat on my forehead.

The bathroom door opened and Nick walked out in just a towel, water droplets dripping down his chest and from his hair. As i looked him up and down, he was doing the same to me. "You look good enough to eat, mi corazón."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm sweaty."

He shrugged as he leaned against the doorframe. "I don't mind."

I set my weights down and started to clean up. "Just put some clothes on will you?" i asked, tearing my eyes away from him.

"Am i distracting you?" he chuckled. I didn't answer him. He walked over to the closet and put on a pair of basketball shorts.

He walked over to me wrapping his arms around me. I jumped and moved out of his arms. He frowned. "I'm actually going to go for a run, are you good with watching Reina?"

"Of course i'm okay with watching her but you need to be careful, you don't want to overwork yourself."

I smiled. "I'm fine, i promise."

I kissed Reina's forehead. Nick followed me as i walked out of the bedroom and headed downstairs. "Leia, why don't you take a break and cuddle with me and then we can go for a run later today or tomorrow." i grabbed my water bottle and started filling it up. "tan terco," he grumbled.

The front door opened. Mom walked in, setting her work bag on the kitchen counter. "Hi babies, what are you two up to?"

"Hey mama," i said. "I'm going for a run."

"I'm trying to convince her not to overwork herself," Nick said, leaning against the island beside me.

Mom smiled. "Well how about i watch Reina while the two of you go for a run together."

"That sounds perfect," Nick said with a smile. I couldn't help but give him a soft smile back. He kissed my cheek. "I'll go put on some shoes, don't leave without me." i nodded. He ran back upstairs to the bedroom.

"He's right, you know," she said. I turned to look at her. She was putting away her food and dishes from today. "You had abdominal surgery, you don't want to overwork yourself."

"I just want to get back in shape."

She turned around to look at me. She smiled. "I'm sure that's part of it." she walked around the island to stand in front of me. She grabbed my face. "You, my girl, are beautiful. Inside and out." She kissed my forehead. "I worked too hard to bring you into this world for you to forget that."