21

I woke up underneath Nick. i reached over and turned my alarm off. I ran my hands through his hair. He tucked his head into my neck. I kissed the side of his head.

Dana, Nick, Elena, and i had flown back to Kentucky a few days after the funeral. Our teachers had exempted us or given us extensions on our assignments but we realized that we did need to get back.

We had set up Elena things in our room. I knew Nick wanted to be around her at least while he's still grieving. We had decided that we needed to get a bigger place next year but for now it would work with Elena sharing our room.

I gently pushed Nick off of me and climbed out of bed. "No," he whined, reaching out for me.

I smiled. I leaned down and pecked his lips. "We have class, i have to get ready."

"We should just stay in bed today," he said.

I smiled. "You know i'd love to baby but i have a bunch of work to turn in and i think i have a quiz." he sighed. I squeezed his hand. I brought his hand up to my lips and kissed his knuckles. "We can cuddle in bed after i get back okay?"

"I'd really love that."

I smiled. I let go of his hand. I grabbed an outfit and walked into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and hair before getting dressed. I put on a tight white crop tank top and a pair of dark blue ripped jeans. I pulled my hair up into a tight high ponytail. I walked out of the bathroom. Nick was sitting up on the bed. "Do you want me to make you some breakfast?"

"Sure, thanks," he said.

"No problem," I smiled. I walked out of the bedroom. I made Dana, Nick, Elena, and scrambled eggs, applewood sausage, and toast. I knocked on Dana's door. "I made food if you're hungry."

"Coming," i heard her yawn.

I leaned against the island counter eating. Nick walked out of the bedroom with a waking Elena in his arms. He set her in her high chair before giving her the food. Nick pressed his lips against my forehead. I smiled. The two of us started eating. "Do you want me to drop off Elena at the campus daycare on my way to class?" i asked.

His eyes widened. "No, it's it's okay, i'll take her."

I nodded. I finished eating and put my dishes into the sink. I kissed Nick and Elena's cheeks. I grabbed my bag. "I'll see you guys later okay?" he nodded. Dana walked out yawning. "Bye Dana," i said as i walked out of the apartment.

It was a short walk to campus. I headed into the building and sat down up front of my psychology class. "You're looking good today, Leia," Alonzo said sitting down beside me.

I gave him a polite smile. "Thank you."

"Where have you and Nick been?" he asked putting his arm around the back of my chair. I straightened my back not wanting him to touch me. I knew Nick wasn't comfortable with me being friends with him and with all his flirting i wasn't either. "Psych has been a lot less interesting without you here."

"We had to go home for a bit."

He nodded. He kept his arm around the back of my chair the entire class. I had leaned forward the entire time. He flirted with me the whole class but i politely ignored him and focused on the lecture. When class ended, Alonzo followed me out. "Hey are you busy tomorrow? Do you wanna study for the final together?"

"Oh, i don't know-" i started.

"Please," he pleaded, grabbing onto my hand. "i really need to pass this class and you're so good at all this."

I sighed. "I guess we can study together."

He smiled widely. "Thank you." he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I subtly shook him off me to grab my wallet from my bag.