8

I woke up in bed alone. I rolled out of bed quickly checking my phone. I did a small victory dance when i saw both my classes for the day were cancelled. I grabbed my agenda book looking over my schedule for today. All i had today was lunch with Dana and the game tonight. I changed out of my pajamas and into my game day spandex and one of Nick's basketball shirts. I walked out to the kitchen. I made myself some toast as i looked through the mail. I found a letter from mom and Edward. I opened it. I smiled. "Hey we got mom and Edward's save the date," i said as the apartment door opened and closed. I looked up to see a girl with wavy blonde hair walking behind Nick. "oh hello."

"Corazon, this is Alex, she's in my econ class. We have a project together. Alex, this is my girlfriend Leia." he walked over to me. His hand wrapped around my waist pulling me to him. He leaned down kissing me. He pushed his tongue past my lips roughly exploring my mouth. I moaned. He pulled away. "Hi."

"Hi," i giggled.

"Nick, we should probably get started on our project," the girl said, obviously uncomfortable with him kissing me.

Nick looked at me with a smile on his face. "Sure. we can work on the couch but i gotta talk to Leia first." she nodded and walked over to the couch with her things. "I meant to text you, is it okay if we work here?"

I looked over at her. I couldn't help but notice that she was really pretty. Her blonde hair was beautifully curled and her makeup was perfectly done. "Is she really just your friend?"

He sighed. "You can't be serious."

"Nick-"

"Leia," he said softly. He put his hands on my face. "She's just my friend, barely a friend at that. We got paired up for a project together, i didn't choose to work with her."

"Yeah okay."

He rubbed my jaw lightly with his thumb. "Corazon, i don't look at other girls. I haven't since i got you. I don't want her, i only want you."

I smiled. "Go work on your project. I'm gonna meet Dana for lunch."

"Can you bring me back some fries?" i nodded. He pecked his lips. "Love you," he said.

"Love you," i said grabbing the keys from him. I started walking out the door. I giggled as he slapped my butt. I left the apartment and drove to campus. I parked outside Dana's class. She walked out a few minutes later. I unlocked the door for her. She hopped in. "hey Dana bear."

"Hey Lei," she said, tossing her bag into the back of the car. "I'm starving."

I drove off the sandwich shop off campus that we chose to go to for lunch. We got out and walked inside. We both ordered their famous chicken parmesan sandwich before sitting down in the corner. "Are you excited for the game tonight?" i asked her while i poked her.

She smacked my hand away. "It's just a game."

"You know we're playing louisville."

"We are?" she asked, picking at her nails.

I reached over grabbing her hand. She looked up at me. "Are you nervous about seeing Ryder?" she nodded. I squeezed her hand. "Have you guys talked since we left?" she shook her head. "Are you gonna talk to him?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. I'm not going to ignore him but i'm not gonna go after him." i nodded, knowing Ryder is a tough subject for her. "How were your classes today?"

"Cancelled."

"So why aren't you hanging out with Nick?" she asked. "That man is too fine to be all by himself."