43

One year later

I was running around the backyard with Reina on my hip and Elena running alongside me. "Leia?" asked Elena as she pulled on my shirt.

"Yeah baby?" i asked squatting down to her level.

"Bubba said there's gonna be cake."

I smiled. "There is going to be cake but not until later. We have to set up and then wait for everyone to get here." i pinched her cheek. "Why don't you go find bubba for me? I think he's inside making you and Reina's lunch."

"Cake?"

I smiled. "No baby, we're not having cake for lunch," i chuckled. "Why don't you go inside and ask bubba what he made for you."

"Okay," she said, jumping up and down. She ran away from me. "Bubba!" she screamed as she ran inside. I smiled. I stood back up.

Today was Elena and Reina's joint birthday party. We had most of the decorations already set up and i was doing a final walk through to make sure everything was perfect. We weren't planning on a big party, just our friends and family coming over to spend time with us and the girls. They might not remember this party but Nick and i will.

I wanted to make sure each of them had their own section of the party so that they remained independent and their own person. For Reina, we had set up a princess themed table complete with bright colors and little castle designs. Elena's table was two-tti fruity themed complete with bright colored fruit decorations. The rest of the backyard had streamers, balloons, and summer party games.

Nick came out with Elena holding his hand. "It looks great out here corazon."

"You think so?" i asked. "Should there be more stuff or should the tables be closer together?"

He held out his free hand. I walked over to him, grabbing his hand. He leaned down pressing a soft kiss to my forehead. "It looks perfect, baby." i relaxed. "Lunch is ready if you're hungry."

"Lunch sounds really good."

We walked inside. Nick picked up Elena putting her in her high chair as i did the same with Reina. Reina had bottled breast milk, mashed up peas, and mashed up carrots. Elena had cut up ham and cheese and soft carrots.

Nick wrapped his arms around me. He pressed his lips against my neck. "Your mom should be home soon," he whispered.

I leaned back into him. "I'm hungry."

He gently bit my neck. "I'm starving." he turned me around. He smirked. "But i guess we can get you some food first." He picked me up and walked me over to the couch. "I'll grab your food." he walked over to the kitchen and walked back over to me with two plates of grilled ham and cheese with tomato soup. "Stand up for me."

I raised my eyebrow as i stood up. He sat down where i had been. He nodded at his lap. I smiled. I sat down on his lap grabbing my plate. I turned my body so that i could see the girls while the two of us ate. The two of us ate silently. Nick's free hand was placed on the inside of my thigh. His thumb rubbed soft circles. "Is there anything else we need for the party?" i asked as i took the final bites of my lunch.

"You do know that they won't remember anything from this party right?"

"But i will," i said with my mouth full.

"Don't talk with your mouth full unless your mouth is full of my-"

"Hey, we're home," mom called out. Nick smirked at my blushed cheeks.

"Hi mama, hi Edward," i called out.

"How is the party planning going?" asked Mom as she and Edward set down their work bags.