22 *tw

"Wake up, corazon," Nick whispered lightly shaking me awake. I opened my eyes. "Hey, sorry i just need you up for a minute baby then you can go back to sleep."

"What is it?" i asked.

He leaned down and gently pressed his lips against mine. "We're trading off Elena today, do you know the plan?"

"i got Elena for the morning and at noon you'll pick her up?" i yawned rolling onto my stomach to face him. He nodded. "Okay," i whispered.

He smiled. "Go back to sleep corazon. I'll see you later." i nodded. He kissed the top of my head as i closed my eyes. "I love you both," he said as he left the bedroom.

I fell back asleep with a smile on my face. I woke up to Elena whining for Nick and i. I sat up and stretched. "I'm up babygirl, give me a minute okay?" she started jumping up and down in her crib when she saw that i was awake. I smiled. I got out of bed and picked her up. "Let's get you some food before we go," i said, booping her little nose.

We walked out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. I set her on the floor letting her run around the room while i made us some food. I heated up some pancakes from the freezer and cut up a watermelon. I cut hers into smaller pieces and put it on her favorite princess plate. I squatted down opening my arms up to Elena. "Mama," she squealed running to me.

I sighed knowing everything she has been through has been confusing for her. She fell into my arms. "Are you hungry?"

I lifted her up and set her in her high chair. "Pancakes," she clapped. I smiled. The two of us ate our food. When we were done, i wiped up Elena's mess and took us to the bedroom.

I got her dressed before i changed into a white bandeau top and a faded black and white plaid skirt. I grabbed Elena, setting her in her carrier. I put on my backpack and before leaving the apartment. I walked to my class with Elena and waited outside for Nick to come. My class was going to start any minute and Nick still wasn't here. I pulled out my phone.

ME: i'm at my class with Elena, where are you?
Nicky❤️: my class is running late, i'm so sorry. I'll be there as soon as i can i promise

I sighed. I picked up Elena's carrier and walked the two of us inside. I sat down in the desk closest to the door. My professor saw me and walked over. "I don't think i have enough copies for her," he said.

"I'm sorry, my boyfriend's class is running late. I promise she'll be quiet."

He waved me off. "Don't worry about it." he squatted down to her level. Elena laughed and grabbed his finger that he held out for her. "My wife had the baby a few months ago. What's her name?"

"Elena."

"Is she yours or?"

"No, little sister."

He nodded and stood up. "If you need to take her out for a few minutes or anything let me know."

"Thank you."

He walked off and started class. Luckily Elena was quiet and occupied by the toys in her carrier. My professor lectured for about twenty minutes before having us do some work on our own. The classroom door opened and Nick walked in with an apologetic look on his face. "I'm really sorry for interrupting."

"I'm guessing you're here to pick up miss Elena?" the professor asked.

"Yes sir." He nodded and went back to his computer. Nick walked over to me. He kneeled down in front of me putting his hands on my knees. "I'm so sorry i'm late. I know it was my idea to trade her off and-"

I put my hand on his cheek stopping him. "We both knew if wouldn't be perfect."

He nodded. "I'm taking her to the park for a little while if you want to join us after class."