tension

Toby sat on the living room couch, his sweater in his hands. he was shacky, as he was crying. his dark brown eyes stare at his clothing, he hated himself so much. he dropped the cloth and stood up, he walked out of the room and out of the building. he should leave, she would be better without him. he knew that she was fine before he reentered her life, she would be happier. he closed the door and walked to the forest, he wasn't coming back. she would be safe there, she had plenty of food. god, he was such a failure, he thought to himself. he stopped as he got deeper into the woods. he sighed and walked back to the house, he should at least bring her out of the woods. he walked into the building, he froze as he saw her standing in the kitchen.

" Hey," he said as he waved at her.

" hey," she said with a small smile.

he smiled slightly, before walking past her. she grabbed his arm, stopping him in his track.

" I'm sorry about yesterday," she said letting go of him

he nodded and walked into the bedroom, she sighed and stood there. she walked to the bedroom and knocked on the door.

" Are you ok, Toby?" she asked

he looked at the door, why did she care she hated him. he thought to himself, he was confused.

" Toby," she said as she placed her hands on the door.

" I'm fine," he said as he opened the door looking (Y/n) in the eyes.

he smiled slightly before closing the door, he slumped to the floor. his eyes looking at his shoes, they were old and dirty. he sighed as he looked back at the door, why did she care. did she actually cared, or was she trying to get him to let his guard down? it was probably the second one, who could care about him. another knock came from the door, he sighed and got up opening the door. he looked at her with a stern look.

" what do you want," he asked

" I know you're not ok, I'm sorry that I was mean to you," she said

" Why the sudden change," he asked as he looked at her

" I had a dream that I and my mom talked, she told me things and it opened my eyes," she said with a small smile.

he sighed and looked away, he really didn't care. it was probably a lie anyways.

" I'm fine, just leave me alone," he said before closing the door

she stood at the door, her head down. what did she do, what could she do to make it up to him.

" Toby i-" she was cut off

" just leave me alone, please" he said as he held back tears.

she nodded and walked back to the couch, she worked on her book once again. as she now had nothing to do and no one to hang with, just like it was before.