hitchhiking

Toby walked down the path with (Y/n) behind him, they had walked for three hours. he knew they were close to the road, as the sound of cars driving by was heard.

" were almost there," he said

she nodded and kept walking, though her feet were in pain from the walk they did

" can we take a break," she asked

Toby smiled and looked at her, he sat down and looked at his lap

" sure, we can rest," he said as he pulled off his bag

he opened his bag and pulled out two bottled water, giving one to (Y/n). she opened the bottle and chugged the water down, while toby sipped on his.

" so what are you planning to do when you get back," he asked

" go back to school, get bullied, and finish school," she said as she looked at the now empty bottle of water.

he nodded and looked at her, was it the right thing to send her back only to get neglected. she had no family, that he knew of.

she smiled at him and placed a hand on his arm

"I'll be ok," she said calmly

he nodded and looked at the path, he sighed it was going to be a long day.

" Are we walking all the way?" she asked

he nodded and looked at her

" We have no other choice," he said calmly

" We can try hitchhiking," she said with a smile

" isn't that dangerous," he asked

" isn't walking on the side of the road, with miles to go dangerous," she asked

he sat there, she had a point; and a fair one on that matter.

" alright will try your idea," he said as he got up.

she stood up and followed him down the path and to the road. as they got closer the noise got louder, till they got to the road. (Y/n) stuck out her thumb and walked down the road, toby followed. though the cars kept passing by, not even giving them a chance.

"let's just give up," he said as they walked down the road.

" no," she said calmly

he sighed as he kept walking, (y/n) followed as her thumb stuck out. an hour passed and nobody pulled over, (Y/n) was ready to give up and walk the rest of the way. till a truck pulled over, they looked and smiled. hope that they didn't have to walk all the way, or at least most of the way.

" need a ride," he said with a smile

" yes" (y/n) said with joy.

the man smiled, which gave a sudden chill down her back. she looked closely at him, he was wearing dirtied old jeans with a tank top with grees and oil stains. the car smelt like hormones and sweat, and something rotting.

" oh don't mind the smell, went hunting a while ago and the deer stained the seats," he said.

she sighed and looked deeper in the truck, rope, and tape was hidden in the back. she felt her body go cold as if it was a warning to stay away from the truck.

" I'm good, I don't think we would fit," she said

" (Y/n) you should go, I wouldn't want you to walk the whole way," Toby said with a sweet smile.

You sighed and gave up, toby had a point. you looked at him and pulled him into a hug

" please don't leave me I have a bad feeling" you whispered in his ear

he nodded and hugged you back

" don't worry I'll follow you, I ain't that dumb" he said with a smile

she backed away, toby pulled out his camera and took a photo of her. she sighed and went into the truck, as it pulled into the road toby took a photo of the license plate before putting his camera away. he went into the trees and followed after the light blue truck that had chips and rust in it.