the past

The birds sang, though Toby didn't get annoyed since he was in a deep slumber. Though the bird didn't help him get to sleep, since he really hated the sound of birds due to his father. Who would bring him for walks than lock him in a cage, he would have to be alone and listen to birds who sang. It sound like they were mocking him, while he cried for help. After years of being locked up, and laughed at by the birds he ended up hating them. His mother would worry about him since, he would cut off birds wings. He'd put them in a cage which was held in his room, his mother noticed this right away but never found out the reason for his behavior. Until she had Lyra stay home instead of going to collage, since Toby loved her and Lyra didn't have a good job yet. She looked at birds till her father was with her little brother, she worried since he was only 13 years old. She found out that her father locked her brother up and left to get drunk, she ended up breaking the lock and calling her mother who was working in the office at the school. This caused Connie and and his father to get a divorce. he saw glade he got away from his father, until his sister died. His mother got together with him, since she couldn't handle the stress or the lose of her daughter.