~little man (1)~

What a stressful week. Elise has had endless amounts of meetings while working at the ministry, and Draco's business has had a few troubles with some ex-worker trying to sue him for firing him due to him swearing at the visitors from the ministry. Being so busy and tired means they've barely spent any time with their 6 year old son. Of course both Draco and his wife felt terrible for bailing on their only son, but today was both their days off, and they were assured to spend it with their son.

As the sun shone through the blinds in the master bedroom of her house, Elise slowly opened her eyes, sleep still evident in them. She looked at the alarm clock on her bedside table and saw it read 8:16am. Satisfied with this considering she'd been getting up at a tiresome 5:30am for the past week, she smiled as she gradually began to wake up more and feel her husbands arms wrapped protectively around her waist. She turned over in his arms and brushed away the loose parts of his hair that had covered his eyes in his sleep while giving him a brief but loving kiss on the tip of his nose.

Draco's eyes fluttered open as a tired grin grew on his face. "Good morning beautiful." He said, with his husky morning voice.

"Morning my love."

Draco leant in giving his wife a swift couple of pecks on her lips.

"We should go get Scorp. I feel bad for barely spending time with him this week." Elise stated. Draco sighed.

"Yeah me too. We'll make it up to him today though." He replies, getting out of bed and putting some joggers and a top on. He also passes Elise one of his pairs of joggers and a hoody. She mutters a brief 'thank you' as she shoves her long brunette hair into a messy bun. After quickly getting dressed, Draco and Elise walk along into Scorpius' bedroom and quietly open the door, not wanting to be too loud just in case he's still asleep. Although, to their surprise, he's laid on his bed playing with his favourite white ferret teddy called Snowy.

"Good morning little man," Draco begins walking towards him, as Scorpius turns his head to the door and notices his parents. "did you sleep okay?"

"Yes." Was all he replied with as Draco brushed his son's hair out of his face and kisses his head lightly. Scorpius was expecting his parents to say good morning, have breakfast and then drop him off at his play group and go to work. Then when they come home they'll be too tired to play with him again after dinner.

"Hey, what's up buddy?" Elise asks, confused as to why Scorpius hasn't run into their arms like he usually would when he wakes up.

"Nothing." He mutters as a response. Draco and Elise share a glance and immediately understand what he's feeling.

"Well, how about after playgroup, we take you to the park and then we will go out for dinner tonight?" Draco questions, hoping to cheer his child up.

Scorpius' face immediately lights up as he lets out a little squeal and jumps into his father's arms, grateful to finally be spending time with his parents. Elise walks to stand by her favourite boys and gives her son a kiss on his cheek. "We best have breakfast then and get you off buddy."

The three of them headed downstairs, Scorpius in Draco's arms. Elise heads straight to the kitchen to begin cutting some fruit for her son, and making bacon sandwiches for her husband and herself. Draco places Scorpius in his high chair and walks over to help his wife.

"Need a hand?" He offers as he kisses her on her cheek.

"Here, take this to Scorp." She says, passing him the bowl of small slices of pineapple and mango after pecking his lips. Draco takes a small blue children's fork to match the bowl and walks over to his son at the dining table.

"Here you go my boy. Sit up nice and straight so you can eat it properly." He says, as Scorp straightens himself up to begin his breakfast.

"Thank you dad." Scorpius responds.

Moments later, Elise comes back with two bacon sandwiches and places one in front of her husband's seat and then takes a seat herself to tuck into her breakfast.

"Thank you Eli." Draco coos, leaving Elise to simply give him a smile as she already tucks into hers while Scorpius is half way through his fruit bowl.

After breakfast, Draco piles the dishes into the dishwasher to clean and then joins his family upstairs to get changed and brush his teeth ready for the day. After they're all ready, they get their shoes on as Draco grabs his car keys ready to drive his son to his play group.

Pulling up at the centre, the married couple walk their son inside.

"Have a good day Scorpy," Elise begins, as she kisses his forehead. "we'll see you after play group."

"Pinky promise we'll go to the park after." Scorpius says, determined to go to the park. Draco lets out a chuckle as Elise locks her pinky with her sons smaller one. "I promise buddy."

Draco crouches down and gives his son a hug. "Behave today Scorp won't you, we'll see you later." Scorpius nods as he returns his father's hug. "Good boy."

After waving at their son running into his play group room, Draco and Elise walk hand in hand to the car, excited to pick their precious son up later on.