~sleeping in the storm~

Peyton and Draco have been married for 6 years now. The pair had gotten married more or less straight after the Battle of Hogwarts, making their love for each other even more definite.

Peyton moved into Malfoy Manor immediately after her honeymoon, and they'd both gotten jobs a few months later.

They are both now 25 years old, and a few months prior to Peyton's 25th birthday, she gave birth to a beautiful blue eyed baby boy; Scorpius.

He'd been put to bed a couple hours ago, and Peyton and Draco went to bed as soon as their baby fell asleep. Usually they'd take advantage of their son going to sleep early, and use it to catch up on some of their sleepless nights.

However, tonight, they just lay, Peyton on Draco's chest as he stroked her hair, talking about life.

"How did I get so lucky?" Draco asked, voice tired.

"Huh?" Peyton responded, already half-asleep; exhausted from her relatively busy day.

"All the horrible things things I've done in my life, I've made mistake after mistake after mistake, and I still end up with the beautiful woman I've loved all my life, and I have the most precious baby boy. I've made people's lives miserable, yet I'm the one with the perfect family, a job I love, the life I cherish. I just don't know what I've done to deserv-"

Draco looked down at Peyton, and stopped speaking when he realised she'd fallen asleep at the sound of his voice.

He giggled softly, and planted a few soft kisses on the top of her head, stroking her hair once again.

"You're the fucking love of my life."

***

It had been about half an hour and Draco still wasn't asleep. He'd been laid on his bed, his wife sleeping peacefully on top of him, thinking more about how grateful he was for the life he's living.

He'd only just decided to shut his eyes, and began to slowly drift off, when he heard a loud piercing shriek come from the room next door; which only meant one thing.

Scorpius is awake.

Draco groaned to himself, but quickly stopped himself, not wanting to wake Peyton up.

As best as he could, he slid himself out from underneath her, and kissed her on her head a couple of rushed times, before pacing out of the bedroom and into his son's.

"Hey, hey..." he cooed as he picked up a screaming Scorpius. "Shhhh, it's okay. I'm here."

It was a dark and windy night; rain spitting furiously on to each of the windows in his room.

As soon as thunder bellowed through the angry clouds, Scorpius' cries grew louder, and Draco tried to rock him in his arms to get him to calm down, realising it was the storm that made him cry.

"It's okay Scorpius, it's just a storm. It'll pass." He planted gentle kisses all over his son's soft skin in a calming manor. "We don't want to wake mummy up, do we?"

Scorpius was calming down slightly at the sound of his father's voice.

"Your mummy works so hard, and she's had a busy day today, so if she wakes up now, she'll be really tired tomorrow." He planted a few more kisses on the bridge of his son's nose.

The storm outside was not calming down any time soon, and Draco knew that Scorpius would wake up screaming if he was alone, so he grabbed a little baby blanket from his cot, and walked slowly into his own bedroom; Scorpius making cute little baby noises from his father's arms.

"Here she is look. Here's mummy."

Draco cautiously climbed into the big bed, not wanting to drop Scorpius, or wake Peyton up.

He laid opposite his wife, and gently placed his son down in between them, covering him with his own night blanket, and then himself with the duvet.

Scorpius continued mumbling cute baby sounds, and Draco slowly drifted off to sleep with a smile on his face.

But not before Peyton woke up, kissed both her husband and her son on their foreheads, told them she loved them, and fell off to sleep once more; an arm draped over her family.