~ophelia malfoy~

"Calm down Draco. Come on, come here." Y/N pulled Draco into a hug, as he cried into her shoulder. "Don't cry."

Draco and Y/N got married eleven years ago, and just a few moments before that, Y/N gave birth to a beautiful baby girl; Ophelia.

"She's going to Hogwarts, she'll write to us when she can. And we'll see her in the holidays. She's not leaving forever." Y/N giggled.

"But what if she's not safe? What if people are mean to he-"

"She's a Malfoy," Y/N laughed. "She won't give people the chance to be mean to her."

"And boys? They'll be a distraction. She's a smart girl and they'll just deter her from her work."

"Draco-"

"AND she's too young. She will NOT speak to any boys. It's decided."

"You're being silly," Y/N giggled. "Come on, eat your breakfast."

Draco began to tuck into his breakfast, and Y/N walked over to the bottom of the stairs.

"Ophelia!" She shouted. "Come on you need to eat your breakfast sweetie."

A few moments later, Ophelia came bounding down the stairs.

Her hair was perfectly straightened and she had a dark green headband in. She was already wearing her robes.

"Oh you're already dressed. That's surprising." Her mother chuckled.

"Yeah. I filled my pockets up too. My wand fits in this one and I have some stuff in the others too. The robe is actually really comfy. I can't wait for it to turn green."

Draco stopped sipping his coffee and turned to face his daughter.

"Come here Princess." His voice was soft and tender, just like it always was around her.

Ophelia walked over to her father and sat on his lap.

"Why do you want it to turn green?" He asked her.

"Cause I want to be a Slytherin. I want to prove our name. Show everyone Malfoy's aren't bad people. We're smart, independent, ambitious individuals. And also you and mum were in Slytherin." She told him, and he smiled meaningfully at her response.

He sat looking into her blue eyes that were a replica of his, and couldn't help but admire how grown up his daughter was now.

It made him sad, but he was also very proud of the girl she'd become.

"Go on darling," he kissed her lovingly on her forehead. "Go eat your breakfast."

She jumped from his lap and began to eat her breakfast.

The rest of the morning was rushed. Preparing a child for Hogwarts was stressful, but exciting, especially when you have a child as unique as Ophelia.

——————————————————

Platform 9 and 3/4 was very busy, as per. Parents were racing around saying their last goodbyes to their children before sending them off to Hogwarts.

Y/N, Draco and Ophelia stood huddled together, Draco holding his daughter in a tight embrace.

The longest he'd been away from his daughter was when she'd spend the night at a friends house, and sometimes that was still too much.

He always had an overbearing feeling to be around her. To protect his little beauty as best he could. She was his sweet little girl, his best friend, the light to his world, along with his wife.

He would never change who he was the husband and father of. Ever.

"You write to us whenever you get chance. I want to know everything. Your friends, your favourite subjects, how you're getting on. But I will tell you something Ophelia, okay?"

"Okay dad." She looked up at him as he tucked her hair from in front of her shoulders to behind her back.

"Boys at this stage are too much of a distraction."

Ophelia giggled as she watched her mother roll her eyes from beside Draco.

"Don't laugh Princess, this is serious. I recommend not even speaking to them. I know how they think, and you're too smart to let their stupid minds inflict on your work ethic."

Ophelia stood silent, trying not to roll her eyes and laugh.

"Ophelia..."

"Okay okay dad. I'll stay away from every male specimen there is. Even the Professors. I'll keep away from them too." She joked sarcastically, causing Draco to be the one rolling his eyes as her mother laughed.

A loud noise erupted from the platform, signalling the Hogwarts Express would be setting off soon.

Ophelia smiled, and hugged her parents one last time, and Draco leant down to kiss her on her forehead.

"Behave." Her mother told her, also kissing her daughter's forehead.

"I will do."

Ophelia shouted her goodbyes as she ran towards the train.

Draco pulled his wife closer to him.

"I'm really gonna miss her. I can't believe how much she's grown up." He spoke.

The train began to depart from the platform and Draco and Y/N waved at their daughter who was waving back enthusiastically. She was sat with a few girls and boys.

Draco smirked and shook his head slightly and Ophelia knew he disagreed with the boys but giggled anyway.

He felt his heart skip a beat when he saw his precious little girl mouth 'I love you dad', and he mouthed an 'I love you back' before the train left, and gradually grew out of his sight.

"Well, it's official, our little girl is no longer our little girl." Y/N sighed as she curled herself further against Draco's chest.

He held her tightly, still looking in the direction of the train.

He was silent for a few moments, before whispering to himself.

"She'll always be my little girl."